iOS - Bluetooth Keyboard Note Input

Found a bug? Post it here.
cathedraal

iOS - Bluetooth Keyboard Note Input

Post by cathedraal »

This might be more a problem with how iOS implements hardware keyboards than a bug in SunVox, but here is the issue:

With a bluetooth keyboard paired to the iPhone, holding down keys for the musical keyboard does not work. The behavior is like key repeating for typing, where it triggers once, then pauses, then triggers repeatedly. Turning "key repeat" off in the accessibility section stops the repeated triggers, but does not keep the key "down", only plays a short blip. The same bluetooth keyboard paired to my computer works perfectly fine, it is definitely an iOS issue.

I am happily using a midi keyboard for note input, but being able to leave that at home and just jamming with nothing but an iphone and a tiny cheap bluetooth keyboard would be super cool!

Thanks for all your work, SunVox is becoming my favorite composition tool, way cooler than any 700$ German bloatware ;-)
queries

Re: iOS - Bluetooth Keyboard Note Input

Post by queries »

In version 2.0 this will work better.

Here's what NightRadio added to the changelog for 2.0-beta1:
* iOS 13.4+: full USB/Bluetooth keyboard support (like on desktops);
Beta versions are not released for iOS, but judging by the past, we won't have to wait very long for the final release.
cathedraal

Re: iOS - Bluetooth Keyboard Note Input

Post by cathedraal »

Sweeeet yeah that makes sense that betas aren't sent to the app store...

I'm just getting in to SunVox so haven't quite absorbed the whole development world. Seems like a really nice community of folks on here!