sunvox android restarts when left in background for too long

Found a bug? Post it here.
AutumnCheney

sunvox android restarts when left in background for too long

Post by AutumnCheney »

i've noticed on both of my android phones that sunvox seems to restart when you leave it in the background or with the device in sleep mode for too long. the time is about 10 minutes and my phones are running android 7 and 10

it seems to have started happening after one of the bug fix updates. this is problematic for me, because i like to listen to sunvox songs in the background sometimes.

would you please check this out? thanks!
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: sunvox android restarts when left in background for too long

Post by NightRadio »

Do you mean Restart (close the app completely) or Sleep (when it continues to play after switching back to the foreground)?
As for the sleep - as far as i know this is a "feature" of the Android. The system may freeze the application in the background.

Here is my case:
Android 10, Samsung A51
1) SunVox is in the background, the screen is off -> the app goes to sleep after 1 minute.
2) SunVox is in the background, the screen is on -> the app does not sleep.
3) SunVox is in the foreground, the screen is off -> the app does not sleep.
I don't know yet how to get around (1) :(
AutumnCheney

Post by AutumnCheney »

i do mean restart (as in, it completely closes). in all three cases, sunvox does this after ten minutes. i'll see if i can mess with system settings to get around this.
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
vladkorotnev

Post by vladkorotnev »

Iirc in Android 10 there were a lot of things tightened to explicitly avoid applications from overusing background modes. Probably calling some API to pretend it's a music player would work, but also would bring up the standard music controls in the notification list.
Isn't there some separate music player app that supports SunVox files via the integration library?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

i do mean restart (as in, it completely closes). in all three cases, sunvox does this after ten minutes.
So the app plays music for 10 minutes and then stops?
What devices do you use?

in Android 10 there were a lot of things tightened to explicitly avoid applications from overusing background modes.
And not only in Android 10. The bad thing is that it may differ on different devices. As i know the Samsung ones uses their own battery saving tools.

Isn't there some separate music player app that supports SunVox files via the integration library?
Seems no.