Sunvox crashes on iPad, no chance of restoring session

Found a bug? Post it here.
andocav

Sunvox crashes on iPad, no chance of restoring session

Post by andocav »

Hello, big fan of Sunvox. I've been playing around with it for about a year and I have it installed on all my devices. Really love it, and I also love Virtual ANS, PixiTracker. Really amazing apps and I'm thankful for all the work put into them.

I do have some problems with the iPad version of Sunvox. I'm using it on a 2018 6th gen with ios 12.3.1
Sunvox just closes with no warning and when I reopen it just resets everything to the default template, so I loose all my work that I haven't got the chance to save. Usually Sunvox asks me if I want to restore the previous session, but when the force close happens I don't get the chance to restore so it's really frustrating.
I've had this happen about 3 times when I had a pattern playing in loop while browsing through the premade modules - for example while browsing instruments - bass and playing the keys
ayoshutduff

Re: Sunvox crashes on iPad, no chance of restoring session

Post by ayoshutduff »

Yeah I have this problem as well. It makes it difficult to fully invest in an idea if i have the constant anxiety that the app is going to crash more often then not... I’ve lost so much progress because of this. Can this please be addressed!

I’m using the app on the iPad Pro 3rd gen.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Sorry for the late reply...
This is a very annoying bug :( I will try to test it more.
If you have some additional information (how to reproduce, etc.) - please post it here.
ayoshutduff

Post by ayoshutduff »

It just crashed as I was searching samples and previewing them. So maybe that might be a factor?
andocav

Post by andocav »

Hello and thanks for taking the time to reply.
It seems to me that it has something to do with the sampler module. It happened a couple times more, every time when playing a sample.
It doesn't seem to have anything with playing it in loop or anything like I thought before, just the fact that there is a sampler module with
a sample loaded into it seems to crash Sunvox randomly. Hope this helps,
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

More questions...
1) Does this happen in standalone version, or in AU/AudioBus?
2) How big are the samples? What format? 16bit WAV?
3) Some options enabled? (envelopes, polyphonic filters)
Thank you!