Classic Arpeggiator mk2

Logickin λ

Classic Arpeggiator mk2

Post by Logickin λ »

Change log:
Thanks to the latest update, the arpeggiator no longer have separated speed control, and it will sync with the master project's tempo setting, you can may override it after disabling the Auto BPM / TPL settings.

Story:
Since this arpeggiator uses a different structure and it behaves differently from the original, I decided to open a new post:

Do you still remember this three years old arpeggiator? I wanted an Arpeggiator for my sunsynth, so I can generate arpeggios on the fly by linking the module to my synth and play a chord. I made the original 8 note arpeggiator with the concept of decoders and voice cancelling, but I seldom use it because of the three problems: the module is not responsive for faster passage because of the use of sound2ctl, while it is not intuitive to use because of writing notes in reverse order, and the file size is too massive, considering that the modules is used for generate midi notes. Thus, I wanted a better solution.

A few days ago, I was wondering: if I can set the play head position using the phase parameters of the multisynth, is that mean I can loop a track conditionally using jump commands?

This is true because it works similar to my newer preset system, but it uses a jump command instead of a stop command, so the playhead can play some notes within a range repetitively. This is nice since it greatly reduce the size of the lookup table (the sequence generator from the old design) to achieve smaller module size.

Moreover, this arpeggiator was made when the stack (first in last out) behaviour wasn't implemented for multisynths, so I used the voice cancellation trick to separate voices; however, this was not cpu friendly and it didn’t support velocity. With combining all the outdated mechanisms, I decided to rework the module with more updated modules and mechanisms. I am happily introducing:

Classic Arpeggiator Mk2!

An upgrade from the original, with one third of the original size and cpu usage. Using the new module, you can also control velocity of each notes and you no longer write the note sequence in reverse order!

Here is the manual:
https://logickin.net/modules/classic-arpeggiator/

Here is the module:
Here is the demo:
Classic Arpeggiator 2.0.0 Midi Out Demo.zip
(32.96 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

Also a special credit to:
- offthesky because if he didn't make a bypass module using phase of multisynth, I wouldn't get inspired and this arpeggiator wouldn't be optimized.
- GWCNS,this is their only post in this forum, but they have the original "Voice Cancellator". If this particular sunvox project didn't exist, I would not inspired by the trick and make the original arpeggiator.
Last edited by Logickin λ on Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Logickin λ

Re: Classic Arpeggiator mk2

Post by Logickin λ »

This arpeggiator has a new update, by removing the additional tempo settings due to the latest 2.1.1 features.