Effects for SUNVOX 2.1

NightRadio
Site Admin

Effects for SUNVOX 2.1

Post by NightRadio »

If you want to see your own modules (effects, filters) in the new SunVox - please upload the files in this thread (attach it to the message, or provide the links). The most beautiful and original modules will be included in the release.
By uploading you agree that your modules can be used freely (without any restrictions, including commercial works) by any user of the SunVox.

Requirements
  • Optimize your modules (if it does not lead to significant loss of sound quality)
  • Don't use registered trademarks in names.
  • File name format: [ one word for the author nickname ] [ space ] [ effect name ].sunsynth
    Examples:
    NR New Reverb.sunsynth
    cube48 Echo48.sunsynth
    KidLoFi Fat Flanger.sunsynth
Thank you!
philipbergwerf

Re: Effects for SUNVOX 2.1

Post by philipbergwerf »

I remade Random midi delay. It was a little puzzle to make it polyphonic. Every block inside is firing notes to the randomizer at different bpm. This way we don't get the same results because random velocity is using a certain seed to generate the random numbers.
  • You can use this module to humanize chord trigger to get a pluck effect!
  • The module will apply a random delay to each note up to 8 polyphony
@Nightradio; this is an update from the old midi delay under effects/note/
Attachments
PhilipBergwerf rndm midi delay.sunsynth
(28.42 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
philipbergwerf

Post by philipbergwerf »

A polyphonic detuner that detunes at velocity. You can set how many it will detune and in which direction.
Attachments
PhilipBergwerf velocity detuner.sunsynth
(29.29 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
BreadBread

Post by BreadBread »

Slammer distortion to get that raw, loud, crunchy feeling on your amen breaks.
Attachments
Slammer.sunsynth
(7.75 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
Logickin λ

Post by Logickin λ »

Stelliferous Reverb is inspired from a reverb type in the Korg Nts-1. When I was playing my synth with Nts-1 as an effect, I found a cool reverb algorithm called the "Rise". It is an amazing reverb, because it introduce a complex harmonic feedback, even if you feed a simple waveform like a sine or triangle wave.

This reverb module does a similar sound, which there is a pitch shifter to create higher frequency from the original signal, along with a FFT module to further diffuse the sound, making it sound endless and spacious.

I have no idea how to describe it, so I have to share a demo:
Stelliferous Reverb Demo.sunvox
(20.47 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Here is the module:
Logickin - Stelliferous Reverb.sunsynth
(14.64 KiB) Downloaded 319 times
Last edited by Logickin λ on Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
sk0

Post by sk0 »

Attachments
sk0 StereoPhaser001.sunsynth
(23.29 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
philipbergwerf

Live random pitch

Post by philipbergwerf »

I made a module that does the same as random pitch from the multisynth module but it changes over time using the glide module. The module is 8 polyphonic and has two settings:
  • Amount rndm pitch; same meaning as random pitch from multisynth
  • LFO freq / changing speed; how fast the lfo's are changing the pitch to a new target
It's a really nice effect when applied in a subtle way. It makes the difference between a static computer sound and a natural changing distribution of voices like how a choir is singing. I had already much fun when using it on a organ like sound. Have fun!
Attachments
PhilipBergwerf live rndm pitch.sunsynth
(63.55 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
philipbergwerf

Melody shuffler

Post by philipbergwerf »

Hi!

this module allows the user to input a melody of eight notes using the sliders to set the notes pertaining to the root note. When playing a note the module will shuffle the notes. Using sliders you can set the rhythm of the melody in lines. The module can only be used for a non sustain synth/it triggers notes and sents a note off directly after triggering.

Have fun!
Attachments
Philip Bergwerf melody shuffler.sunsynth
(23.96 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
Keres

Post by Keres »

saw this request a while back... someone wanted the multisynth to be modded with a probability slider. Basically, with the phase slider... it sort of does. anyways, use this as a note effect, in-between, or as a multisynth. this will add a probability of note played to a slider.

enjoy
Attachments
Keres_Prollizer2.sunsynth
(6.79 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Last edited by Keres on Sun Apr 09, 2023 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keres

Post by Keres »

ok, there is a rule in mixing about stereo phasing that says too much in the low end is bad. It can cause your mix to sound like crap on other sound systems, especially in the low end. I have found this to be largely true, except that well, sometimes it sounds killer on a breakbeat sample or a bassline. That is the purpose of these effects, so you guys can mess up your tracks as bad as i would.

Keres ProTool.susynth ... this one is just 3 delays into 3 all-passes with every possible random configuration. this one uses a slider switch to completely randomize the effects section. there is a noise-gate before the effects section that can have it's threshold set, then some mixing options and a master feedback. this one is a low CPU usage type module, but it will squeal-out on you if you set the feedback way up and randomize the wrong way. NOTE: once you randomize the setting, there is no way you get the old sound back, once you find a mix you like, don't touch that slider again.

Keres Enhanze.sunsynth ... this one is also a low CPU enhancer/spreader/eq thing... there are some stereo controls and then the FineVolume slider at the bottom is the Dry thru. This plugin obviously has to have an input signal attached to it to do anything, but unlike the above module, it randomizes all settings with note data. that means you simply select it and play any note and it will change all the settings in the effects section. this means you could connect a multysynth to it and do so.

Keres SuperEnhanze.sunsynth ... this is just a shortcut. this is a relatively high CPU usage module. it is just 12 copies of the Enhanze module. its best for sampling, or beefing up a breakbeat or bassline before making a sample of it. has the same function of accepting any note to randomize al settings.

Keres LegSpread ... looks like another stereo spreading bank of superfilters with delays. randomize with note data. relatively high CPU usage.

have fun!
Attachments
Keres_SupeSpreaderPack.tar.gz
(9.72 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
philipbergwerf

Realtime random velocity

Post by philipbergwerf »

The velocity controller of the multisynth is only applied at the start of a note but I found a way to make it update the velocity while playing a note. I used a glide module that slides the pitch around zero and after that, I connected a multisynth. If you adjust the slider of that multisynth it updates the velocity because of the glide module that is sending a (not noticable) pitch change.

The module is 8 polyphonic but you can extend the polyphony if you want manually :)
Attachments
PhilipBergwerf realtime rndm velocity.sunsynth
(49.89 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

I'd like to see a really tight phaser, with a full set of LFO parameters including rate and offset to allow for better spatial management of the soundstage.
Keres

Post by Keres »

"I'd like to see a really tight phaser, with a full set of LFO parameters including rate and offset to allow for better spatial management of the soundstage."

ok.
Attachments
Keres NightHaze.sunsynth
(41.17 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

I looked at this offering, but I don't see degrees offset as a parameter. Is it hidden somewhere in the metamodule?
Keres

Post by Keres »

you're right... let me get out my Trimble S8 and measure all the settings in Sunvox to the 1/2 second of a degree in 100 meters.