The Supersaw Story - The end of Aquila and the Dawn of Accipiter - With Factory Presets

Logickin λ

The Supersaw Story - The end of Aquila and the Dawn of Accipiter - With Factory Presets

Post by Logickin λ »

Oh no! Another supersaw module!!! Run and stay away from me!!!!! [Other people screaming]

I made supersaw modules for quite a long time, since it has a special meaning to it.
It deserve to have its own story, since it has been recorded my 8 years of learning from SunVox and its community.
I often update this module in first priority when learning something new, since supersaws are not hard to create,
which I can learn some new functions in SunVox by practice easily.

If there are any news for the supersaw module, I will not open another thread and I will keep update to this thread instead.

Just in case if people don't want to see the long and boring text, I will skip it for you!
Click here for the story: https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20371#p20371
My Supersaw Modules Museum: https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20372#p20372
Meh... Just skip for the comments: https://warmplace.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?p=20373#p20373

And now, it is time for the modules!
Aquila (aka Ultra Osc and Detuned wave generator) was doing an excellent job for making supersaw for number of my songs,
but this eagle is finally going to retired due to the main limitation, the lack of ADSR envelopes for filter.
One of the oldest and longest operating supersaw module is finally comes into an end
However, a new bird has enter the game:

Accipiter - The new supersaw for the SunVox 2.0 Update.

Change log:
Important notes:
- I will move the whole post to my blog, with a bit more formatting, to make every easier to read.
For now, I will remove the post because they are too long and they are not finished.

v1.1
- Code Golf has done. The hawk has lost 16% of its original weight, but provides the same function as the first version.
- Exp mode of Attack curve has been changed to -exp, as they are closer to the original ADSR curve.
- Synth Horn patch has been changed due to the Attack curve update.

This Hawk has the following features:
- 8 Note Polyphony
- 2 Full ADSR envelopes for both Amplifier and Filter
- Real time detune, like its predecessors.
- Back to 7 voices unison like the first version of Detuned wave generator, but with a rich, full Sub-Oscillator.
- Applied with the new option for second osciallator
- Simple Key Tracking Filter, similar to the structure from Vox-303
- Velocity sensitive in Filter
- Simplified module of stereo spread, making the module more scalable
- New Bi-polar DC Offset Distortion, to add colors to the sound per each voice
- ECO mode let you save half of the CPU when drafting a song.
- Heavily optimized structure to ensure the CPU works the most efficient way for such a complex module
(It still requires more optimization, even though it is more efficient than Aquila given the same polyphony. I will do some "Code Golf" in future.)

Warning:
- This module is huge in size and high in CPU usage. The module can frustrate lower ended device like cheap android phones, tablet, and raspberry pi.
For low ended device.

Here is the Demo:

In exception of the drum from Vox-Not09, all other sounds are made with Accipiters, including Trance Lead, Pads, Bass, and Noise Sweep.
Only reverb and compressor are used during the demo.

And here is the Module:
Logickin Accipiter 1.1 [Full ADSR Supersaw].zip
(28.95 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Enjoy... wait! the story is not ended here!
Introducing a new break through - The Factory Preset for the Accipiter!
Simply connecting the Preset bank to the Accipiter, then press any note on the preset moduele, you will able to choose presets with 12 distinct sounds, to demonstrate the possibility of this module!

Here is the Factory Preset:
Logickin Accipiter Factory Preset Pack 1.1.zip
(8.96 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Enjoy! Have fun with the latest update! SKREEKH!
Last edited by Logickin λ on Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:18 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Logickin λ

The story of my supersaw module

Post by Logickin λ »

The Story will be relocated here: [coming soon]
Last edited by Logickin λ on Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:20 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Logickin λ

From awkward "Real Trance Lead" to Aquila and soar beyond!

Post by Logickin λ »

The museum is located here: [coming soon]
Last edited by Logickin λ on Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 12 times in total.
AutumnCheney

Re: The Supersaw Story - The end of Aquila and the Dawn of Accipiter - With Factory Presets

Post by AutumnCheney »

fascinating :0
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!