upgraded supersaw

AutumnCheney

upgraded supersaw

Post by AutumnCheney »

UPDATE 2022/2023: these modules as posted here is out of date, please go to my github repo to get the latest version of these modules: https://github.com/autumncheney/sunvox-modules

Here's an updated version of my Supersaw module. The detune and unison controllers were revamped, so you will no longer have three voices overlapping on the same tone at maximum detune. Also, the module now allows access to the filter controllers on the Analog Generator that this uses to make sound (which was inspired by a modification made by a Discord user named Jex). Lastly, I added some stereo width, which can be disabled.

This module is licensed under the GNU General Public License, which means that you can do whatever you want with this module as long as any modified versions are also licensed under the GPL.

Have fun with this! \(^o^)/

EDIT: I modified the detuning feature to make it use the Glide module, which allows you to change the detune value in real time! I also added a slider to change the random phase.
Attachments
AutumnC Supersaw.sunsynth
(27.96 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
AutumnC Supersaw Lite.sunsynth
(25.34 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Last edited by AutumnCheney on Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
philipbergwerf

Re: upgraded supersaw

Post by philipbergwerf »

I made a similar one. I was trying to create a realistic choir but it became a supersaw. You can morph between the different waveforms :)
But indeed the slide technique is better because it's in realtime.
Attachments
Floepje SpreadSynth.sunsynth.zip
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
AutumnCheney

Post by AutumnCheney »

i updated the module!

i created a "lite" version which uses multisynths instead of glides for the detuning and is set to 16-bit (low quality) by default; both of these make it use a lot less cpu

Серый MLGamer

Post by Серый MLGamer »

GNU GPL? Does it mean that I shall provide the Corresponding Source of my track audiofile being Object Code? Ok, I do, but what about live covers of my tracks or something?
I think, it will be better to relicense these modules under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license. Otherwise it will restrict live covers or using these modules as synthesizers at the live gigs.
How do you think?
Or you've already relicensed that under the MIT license?
AutumnCheney

Post by AutumnCheney »

Серый MLGamer wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:21 pm GNU GPL? Does it mean that I shall provide the Corresponding Source of my track audiofile being Object Code? Ok, I do, but what about live covers of my tracks or something?
I think, it will be better to relicense these modules under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license. Otherwise it will restrict live covers or using these modules as synthesizers at the live gigs.
How do you think?
Or you've already relicensed that under the MIT license?
yeah i re-licensed it to mit. but even under the gnu gpl, i never intended to force users to release their source files :D

the license only applies if you modify the module and release the modified version under your own alias, otherwise there is no need to credit me if you're using it in a song

btw this is a really old module, but if you want it please grab it from my github repository. also in the repository are my "supersaw ii" and "unison osc" modules, which have more features than these (but use more cpu)