two lmms inspired synths: triple oscillator and organ

AutumnCheney

two lmms inspired synths: triple oscillator and organ

Post by AutumnCheney »

UPDATE 2022/2023: these modules as posted here are out of date, please go to my github repo to get the latest version of these modules: https://github.com/autumncheney/sunvox-modules

These are two synth MetaModules inspired by two incredibly versatile synthesisers from the program LMMS: TripleOscillator and Organic. If you're not familiar with these synths, don't worry; I will describe their functionality here.

The first module, simply named "Triple Oscillator", has three oscillators (hence, the name). They are all controlled by one ASR amplitude envelope, and there are individual settings for each oscillator, such as waveform, panning, phase offset, and tuning. Along with simply playing all three of the oscillators together, you can also have one oscillator modulate another using either AM or PM; the volume of this modulation can be adjusted as well. The ability to make these complex connections allows this synth to generate a wide variety of sounds.

The second module, named "Organ", is an additive synth with eight oscillators and an ASR amplitude envelope; each oscillator has a few simple controls such as waveform, volume, and panning. Additionally, you can adjust the transposition of seven of the oscillators (the third oscillator is locked; this is meant to be the fundamental). A unique feature of this module is a toggle controller called "Randomise Controllers", which activates a bunch of LFOs that randomly change the settings of each oscillator. You can use this to quickly and easily create new configurations for the module; however, due to an internal limitation in SunVox, you must click the "Edit" button and exit out of the MetaModule to update the controllers.

Both of these modules are licensed under the GNU General Public License, which means that you can do whatever you want with these modules as long as any modified versions are also licensed under the GPL.

Have fun with these! \(^o^)/

EDIT: I replaced the Generator modules in the Organ module with Analog Generator modules, which allows it to produce 32-bit sound. I also disabled the "smooth frequency change" option in the Analog Generator modules in both of the synths.
Attachments
AutumnC Triple Oscillator.sunsynth
(22.86 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
AutumnC Organ.sunsynth
(25.07 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Last edited by AutumnCheney on Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
AutumnCheney

Re: two lmms inspired synths: triple oscillator and organ

Post by AutumnCheney »

i updated the modules!

i removed the random lfos from the organ and replaced them with a pattern in the pattern editor with a bunch of 22 commands that randomize the values. you can randomize the values from the metamodule by setting the "play patterns" controller to "on (no repeat)"

i also organized and labelled everything in both modules
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!