10-Band Distortion

AJHunter

10-Band Distortion

Post by AJHunter » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:17 pm

I made a 10-band distortion based off of Gilzad's 10-band EQ. It features frequency-labeled bands, distortion and volume control for each band, three wider bands with the same controls, and a bitcrush option. It comes in a limiter (Distort10n-L) and saturation (Distort10n-S) version.

As this has so many controls, it may be difficult to use on smaller screens. I reccomend switching to the two- or three-column view when working with this module.

This is an early version, kind of a proof of concept I guess. I'll work on improving it as I learn more.

Edit: forgot to actually change which bands are being distorted. I'll fix this in an hour or so after some chores. For now the file is down.

Edit 2: fixed it. also, changed how the bitcrush works so that it makes more sense (now just pushes everything through a distortion rather than puts a multicontrol through 13 distortions). also also, more details added to the description.

Edit 3: made it actually work right by just making the whole thing run on filters rather than Gilzad's EQ.
Attachments
D10.zip
Contents: Limiter version, saturator version, and the source file
(16.39 KiB) Downloaded 471 times

monoben

Re: 10-Band Distortion

Post by monoben » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:12 am

Nice, I was thinking about making one of these. The other day I made a similar thing but with compressors. You can have a play with that if you want :) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jduwg4nkii6c7 ... ark.sunvox