The Mini SunVox Compo, round 01!

squidmissile

The Mini SunVox Compo, round 01!

Post by squidmissile »

Hey everyone! It's time for a new, friendly SunVox Compo. The Mini SunVox Compo! A music tracking competition for all to enter and have fun!

The Rules:

- Only SunVox enteries allowed.
- The Sampler and Voribs Player modules are not allowed.
- Minimum song length: 2:00
- Maximum song length: 5:00
- Original, unpolished works only; no covers or remixes.
- Only 2 songs max allowed per artist.
- Any genre allowed.

Deadline: December Saturday, 23 2017 23:59 UTC (11:59 PM, one minute before midnight).

Submission:

- When submitting your work, send the sunvox file as an attachment in an email to squidmissile(at)gmail.com with "Mini SunVox Compo" as the topic.

- Don't forget to name your track! Author - Song name

Voting:

- The voting period will begin December Tuesday, 26 (00:00 UTC). And will end January Tuesday, 2 (23:59 UTC). I will post a link to the votepack then.

- Send an email to squidmissile(at)gmail.com (with the same topic as mentioned above) with your 5 favorite tracks in order of importancce (1 being the best).

- NO voting for yourself.

- Voting is required for final placement. You will not be able to place 1st if you didn't vote!

After everything is over the votes will be counted and the results will be announced!

Good luck everyone and remember to have fun! :D
Last edited by squidmissile on Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squidmissile

Re: The Mini SunVox Compo, round 01!

Post by squidmissile »

Yes, they are. I will count collaborative works as one of the 2 submissions that an artist may submit.
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

How's it going guys? I haven't received many submissions so far and the deadline is near. I know this is a busy time of year for some.

Should I consider a time extension?
romax9lahin

Post by romax9lahin »

squidmissile, Hi!
What about one extra week?
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

That can be done. I was thinking around 2 or 3 days but I don't have a problem with that. I've been thinking I might have rushed things bit anyway...

So..... I'll move the deadline from the December 16 to December 23. I'll edit the first post to reflect the changes.
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

Sorry I'm a little late guys, the holidays themselves have been rather eventfull.

Well, the deadline has passed.. And its about time to get the voting period started. There weren't too many submissions (only 3 actually)... But I think (hope) that it's enough to have a friendly competition.

Votepack

I've uploaded the votepack to google drive: MSCr1 Votepack. But just in case that doesn't work out here is a mirror on dropbox and megaupload. (I really wasn't sure.. xD)

Entries

Jan Koekepan - Survival Capsule
echo2 x romax9lahin - Administration
squidmissile - Late Nights

Voting

Voting will end on January Tuesday, 2 at 23:59 (11:59 PM) UTC.

Send an email to me ( squidmissile(at)gmail.com ) with your 5 favorite tracks in order of importance (1 being the best). Remember, you can't vote for yourself.
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

Hello everyone and apologies for my extremely late response. I'm making this post today because the initial voting results could not be determined. After a discussion with all the the participants, it was decided that the votes needed to be recast and the open to the public. So a poll has been made and the your vote can be cast here:

http://www.strawpoll.me/14860266

Please download the votepack linked above and listen to all the songs. And then vote for your favorite song!

This voting period will be open until January 26.
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

The first round of the Mini SunVox Compo is over! And now it's time for the results!

Final Results:
1. echo2 x romax9lahin - Administration: 3
2. squidmissile - Late Nights: 2
3. Jan Koekepan - Survival Capsule: 1

http://www.strawpoll.me/14860266/r

Congratulations to echo2 and romax9lahin the winners of the first round! And congratulations to all the competitors! Thank you for participating!
Zhuinden

Post by Zhuinden »

Late response? I missed the competition by half a year! :D