BOX10SVC #2 (Winner announced)

fuzzix

Re: BOX10SVC #2 (Winner announced)

Post by fuzzix »

Zhuinden wrote:I figured Fuzzix would have more points though, his stuff was rather complex... :unknown:
Ah, my one fan ;)

tbh, that was just about my second full track composed in Sunvox (or anything else, barring my wild 9-years-old recorder improv days) - was surprised to get any votes at all, was a pretty high standard all round.

Oh yeeeaaah, John Zorn eat your heart out, my recorder's in 3 parts - can you break up your sax and make snake charmer noises from the reed?
irc.esper.net
#sunvox
Zhuinden

Post by Zhuinden »

fuzzix wrote:
Zhuinden wrote:I figured Fuzzix would have more points though, his stuff was rather complex... :unknown:
Ah, my one fan ;)

tbh, that was just about my second full track composed in Sunvox (or anything else, barring my wild 9-years-old recorder improv days) - was surprised to get any votes at all, was a pretty high standard all round.

Oh yeeeaaah, John Zorn eat your heart out, my recorder's in 3 parts - can you break up your sax and make snake charmer noises from the reed?
Well, there's a concept, vocal filter, a bunch of modulation, arpeggios, retriggers and weird percussion build-up!
Of course I gave it points. :roll: (I do not understand the pauses though, but that's just me.)

((When I started out in Sunvox, I had no composition skills whatsoever. You seem to have a head start in comparison. : P))
Walking Encyclopedia wrote:Damn..! I`m a sucker... :cry:
Naw. :( I liked the complexity, but I personally did not like the dissonance.
Though it seemed intentional, so I can't really say anything against it.
I guess I just didn't understand the song.
geeko55

Post by geeko55 »

Such praise, thanks everyone! :D

I'm not too good with effects, but I really like working with generators, as I got Sunvox to make NES style chiptune stuff. I'm still learning, and Running is my longest song so far. As for bass, I was kinda rushed as I started late with the competition, and just wanted to get something out. I'm really glad I did, and I enjoyed everyone's (That includes your's, Walking_Encyclopidia :) ) entries, the album had a really good overall feel to it.
CoolGreenApple

Post by CoolGreenApple »

Great job to all! I am very happily surprised with 3rd place and I could not be more honored to tie with Zhuinden's great piece :beer:
fuzzix

Post by fuzzix »

Zhuinden wrote:Well, there's a concept, vocal filter, a bunch of modulation, arpeggios, retriggers and weird percussion build-up!
Of course I gave it points. :roll: (I do not understand the pauses though, but that's just me.)
Too much exposure to the concept album, I fear. It was an attempt to wrap a weekend's celebration into four minutes; the wild hedonism of Friday/Saturday followed by bleary, insufficient sleep (bzzz bzz) and finally the horrible realisation that this headache is not going anywhere and light is going to hurt for a good few hours yet.

The flash at the end is coffee and toast...

Anyhoo, thanks for the praise! Was tough fitting it into 8 tracks :)
irc.esper.net
#sunvox
walking_encyclopedia

Post by walking_encyclopedia »

Zhuinden wrote: I liked the complexity, but I personally did not like the dissonance.
Though it seemed intentional, so I can't really say anything against it.
I guess I just didn't understand the song.
:) maybe, my track better seems after correction of equalazer levels in SonySoundForge10.0 that I had used in my mp3 version of ''inkoming mail'' that you can find at my page on soundcloud.com and for understanding composition check the sound at 1.03 2.00 2.40m.