Re: BOX10SVC #2 (Voting period)

Post by organic io »

Zhuinden wrote:Voting is oooooveeeeeeeeer :D
I'm curious myself.
Yours was my #1 btw... Really nice work. Good luck! :D
SawZer

Re: BOX10SVC #2 (Voting period)

Post by SawZer »

Ok guys, I'll assemble the results shortly, as in within the next hour.
SawZer

Re: BOX10SVC #2 (Winner announced)

Post by SawZer »

Results are up! :)
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

Congrats to organic io for his victory! :D
fuzzix

Post by fuzzix »

Nice work all, congrats o io :)

Also, hey, I got points! :D
irc.esper.net
#sunvox
organic io

Post by organic io »

Hey, thanks everybody! :wink: Congrats to everyone else too. Great job!

I guess I'll put this on Soundcloud at some point. Honestly when I wrote it, I wasn't sure if it was even good enough to go ... But it's starting to grow on me. I got frustrated that I couldn't use a snare sample and I couldn't use enough modules to fake a decent sounding one out of a drumsynth + effects... So I settled for the retriggered hihat thing... But it seems to have turned out pretty nice and chilled.

So SawZer, when's the next one of these? I think I may hold off on having another compo similar to the first for a while... SDCompo takes more of my time now than it did when I ran the first compo here, plus my girlfriend and I will be working very hard this month to get our RPM album completed.

P.S... I also may need to hand off the task of uploading all the songs to Bandcamp next time. I didn't really have enough time to do it this round, but I did it anyway. :D
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

organic io wrote:Hey, thanks everybody! :wink: Congrats to everyone else too. Great job!

I guess I'll put this on Soundcloud at some point. Honestly when I wrote it, I wasn't sure if it was even good enough to go ... But it's starting to grow on me. I got frustrated that I couldn't use a snare sample and I couldn't use enough modules to fake a decent sounding one out of a drumsynth + effects... So I settled for the retriggered hihat thing... But it seems to have turned out pretty nice and chilled.

So SawZer, when's the next one of these? I think I may hold off on having another compo similar to the first for a while... SDCompo takes more of my time now than it did when I ran the first compo here, plus my girlfriend and I will be working very hard this month to get our RPM album completed.

P.S... I also may need to hand off the task of uploading all the songs to Bandcamp next time. I didn't really have enough time to do it this round, but I did it anyway. :D
I think I'll try another compo idea before the next BOX10SVC. Also, I could use the bandcamp details, that way I could fully host the compo! :D
organic io

Post by organic io »

SawZer wrote:I think I'll try another compo idea before the next BOX10SVC. Also, I could use the bandcamp details, that way I could fully host the compo! :D
I'd love to see another compo idea!

Email sent w/ bandcamp info! :)
organic io

Post by organic io »

P.S... I still haven't finished my tune which I started for the box10svc #1. But it's almost there! It's turning out a bit crazy and epic. If I submitted it for the compo in its current form, it would waaay break the rules, really badly! :Yahoo!:
geeko55

Post by geeko55 »

Wow, 5th place!

That is much better then I expected, I'm proud of my work! :D

I had a great time competing against all you guys, I can't wait to do it again, once I get over my creative burnout. xD
organic io

Post by organic io »

geeko55 wrote:Wow, 5th place!

That is much better then I expected, I'm proud of my work! :D

I had a great time competing against all you guys, I can't wait to do it again, once I get over my creative burnout. xD
I thought your song was really nice. The composition was great. I'm sure it would have scored higher if you had worked on the effects more.

I've learned not to expect anything... In SDcompo, I've written songs I thought were great that got last place, and songs I thought were crap that got 2nd place. It's interesting to see what other people think of your work though. :)

OK
I'm going to stop posting now! Sorry for the post flood! It's not really my goal to see my name all over these forums, it just ends up happening... :pardon:
walking_encyclopedia

Post by walking_encyclopedia »

Damn..! I`m a sucker... :cry:
Zhuinden

Post by Zhuinden »

The results are sort of what I expected.

I figured Fuzzix would have more points though, his stuff was rather complex... :unknown:
organic io wrote:
geeko55 wrote:Wow, 5th place!

That is much better than I expected, I'm proud of my work! :D

I thought your song was really nice. The composition was great. I'm sure it would have scored higher if you had worked on the effects more.

I've learned not to expect anything... In SDcompo, I've written songs I thought were great that got last place, and songs I thought were crap that got 2nd place. It's interesting to see what other people think of your work though. :)

OK
I'm going to stop posting now! Sorry for the post flood! It's not really my goal to see my name all over these forums, it just ends up happening... :pardon:
Truly, it was a nice song for a chiptune song, I wish there had been more effects, or a bass.. in fact, I missed the bass the most.
Otherwise, if this had been a minimalist compo for example, I probably would have voted it quite high (as it was pretty good for 3 generators). : P

Anyways, congrats to all! :D
And it's nice to have an awesome song such as CGA's on par :friends: