Minimalist SunVox Competition

organic io

Re: Minimalist SunVox Competition?

Post by organic io »

beefinator wrote:sequencer I made last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE-Xv_6xOZY
Hey, that's pretty awesome. I love seeing the creative stuff people come up with for arduino :D
organic io

Post by organic io »

Hey Handle..... What's up? When is the compo going to start?
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

organic io wrote:Hey Handle..... What's up? When is the compo going to start?
I would very much like to know that
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

It started when the first comp ended. You should've read the earlier posts ;)

As for when it ends, I dunno. Never figured there would be so many people wanting to start comps at the same time -.-
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

The Handle wrote:

As for when it ends, I dunno. Never figured there would be so many people wanting to start comps at the same time -.-
OH SH*T I BETTER START NAO!!!!!
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

I'd just like to re-emphasize that the entire point of this competition is to make something really complex with as little as possible. beefinator's track was good, but it's just lacking in complexity. I also started this competition so you guys would learn to think creatively. Find ways to sneak in extra notes or change the waveforms in a clever way, that's pretty much what I'm looking for ;)
organic io

Post by organic io »

The Handle wrote:
Are you serious? Everyone read the earlier posts, and no one understood what you meant.
Since you are the one running the thing, it is up to you to communicate clearly to people about the dates and guidelines.

My opinion is it would be better for Chippymunk and others to go ahead and run the others concurrently than to wait for you to forget to arbitrarily decide 2 months from now that this thing is over.
Darkhog

Post by Darkhog »

So we can already make and send you music for it, right?
Alex

Post by Alex »

hello there,

pls deadline?
The Handle

Post by The Handle »

organic io wrote:Are you serious? Everyone read the earlier posts, and no one understood what you meant.
Since you are the one running the thing, it is up to you to communicate clearly to people about the dates and guidelines.
I clearly indicated the guidelines in the first post.
As for the dates, in my first post (the one that always has the rules for any competition thread) I also put: "THIS COMPETITION WILL BEGIN AFTER SUNVOX COMP #1 ENDS."
organic io wrote:My opinion is it would be better for Chippymunk and others to go ahead and run the others concurrently than to wait for you to forget to arbitrarily decide 2 months from now that this thing is over.
Why the hell were you waiting for me then? If you were going to start a lot of the comps simultaneously, then what was the point of waiting for me to make up my mind? Run the other competitions first then. You should've done that in the first place.
Since I had NO IDEA when the first competition would end (when I made the first post), I had to set the start date for after the first competition. If anyone had any questions about when the first competition would end, they should've read the SunVox 1st Comp thread (which at the time didn't have an end date). I thought I had communicated the start date just fine, going by the lack of dates that I had at the time.

You want a start/finish date? THE SUNVOX MINIMALIST COMPETITION STARTS JANUARY 1ST, 2012, AND ENDS FEBRUARY 1ST, 2012. There. We have a start and a finish date. That should leave you guys MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME to finish the other comps first.
organic io

Post by organic io »

The Handle wrote: Why the hell were you waiting for me then? If you were going to start a lot of the comps simultaneously, then what was the point of waiting for me to make up my mind? Run the other competitions first then. You should've done that in the first place.
I was respectfully waiting for you because I thought you were going to actually do something other than be unclear and noncommittal.
The Handle wrote: Since I had NO IDEA when the first competition would end (when I made the first post), I had to set the start date for after the first competition. If anyone had any questions about when the first competition would end, they should've read the SunVox 1st Comp thread (which at the time didn't have an end date). I thought I had communicated the start date just fine, going by the lack of dates that I had at the time.
???
I posted the first Sunvox compo thread on October 17 and the thread clearly stated the deadline. (Check here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1830 )

Your initial post about the minimalist compo was on October 21... 4 days after I had already posted a deadline for the 1st compo. So you must really have not read my thread... Whereas I did actually read yours, and it still didn't make sense to me OR to anyone else interested in participating.
The Handle wrote: That should leave you guys MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME to finish the other comps first.
No, most likely Sawzer and I will regularly alternate between the Box10SVC and the compos with a samplepack. It's been really positive and I think there is enough turnout to do it regularly and indefinitely, which includes between January 1 and February 1 2012.

Yours however, I couldn't care less about. You can run it at the same time as mine, doesn't matter to me. Really I'm not sure why I'm even taking the time to bother to reply to this except for the fact that you irritate me so much. You can take your minimalist compo and go "wipe the floor" with your arrogance.

Peace
-Scott
Last edited by organic io on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

organic io wrote:
The Handle wrote: Why the hell were you waiting for me then? If you were going to start a lot of the comps simultaneously, then what was the point of waiting for me to make up my mind? Run the other competitions first then. You should've done that in the first place.
I was respectfully waiting for you because I thought you were going to actually do something other than be unclear and noncommittal.
The Handle wrote: Since I had NO IDEA when the first competition would end (when I made the first post), I had to set the start date for after the first competition. If anyone had any questions about when the first competition would end, they should've read the SunVox 1st Comp thread (which at the time didn't have an end date). I thought I had communicated the start date just fine, going by the lack of dates that I had at the time.

???
I posted the first Sunvox compo thread on October 17 and the thread clearly stated the deadline. (Check here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1830 )

Your initial post about the minimalist compo was on October 21... 4 days after I had already posted a deadline for the 1st compo. So you must really have not read my thread... Whereas I did actually read yours, and it still didn't make sense to me OR to anyone else interested in participating.
The Handle wrote: That should leave you guys MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME to finish the other comps first.
No, most likely Sawzer and I will regularly alternate between the Box10SVC and the compos with a samplepack. It's been really positive and I think there is enough turnout to do it regularly.

Yours however, I couldn't care less about. You can run it at the same time as mine, doesn't matter to me. Really I'm not sure why I'm even taking the time to bother to reply to this except for the fact that you irritate me so much. You can take your minimalist compo and go "wipe the floor" with your arrogance.

Peace
-Scott
Yeah I'm on Organic IO's side. You were very unclear about the dates, Handle :/
Last edited by SawZer on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
organic io

Post by organic io »

ChippyMunk wrote: Yeah I'm on Organic IO's side. You were very unclear about the dates, Handle :/
I think you may have messed up your quote tags, Sawzer. At present, your post is in the middle of quote tags from me & Handle's conversation.
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

organic io wrote:
ChippyMunk wrote: Yeah I'm on Organic IO's side. You were very unclear about the dates, Handle :/
I think you may have messed up your quote tags, Sawzer. At present, your post is in the middle of quote tags from me & Handle's conversation.
Meh, screw quote tags :(
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

organic io wrote:
I'm currently using an iPhone, so that's why it screwed up