how did you discover sunvox/virtual ans/pixitracker/etc?

Any topics and questions
AutumnCheney

how did you discover sunvox/virtual ans/pixitracker/etc?

Post by AutumnCheney »

how did you discover mr. zolotov's awesome apps?

for me, i was just looking for some good music software that i could run on my android phone. i saw sunvox in some search results, was impressed by it, and was sold after i discovered i could run it on my linux laptop too

i saw the rest of alex's softwares after looking through his catalog. virtual ans is really cool, i had been into spectral music and steganography long before that, and something like this was a treat for me
my website: https://acheney.xyz

it features my music, sunvox content, and social media links!
philipbergwerf

Re: how did you discover sunvox/virtual ans/pixitracker/etc?

Post by philipbergwerf »

For me it was like your story. Searching for similar to audulus(a very bad modular synth :evil: ). I tried so many music programs and this was the first and only one that feels like a rock. Because there are no vst's that are not working or removed. Funny that in future sunvox will become a vst :lol:
Extreem

Post by Extreem »

well i just found some youtube videos about some of them
  • some video i forgot the name of got me into pixitracker
  • a remix of little boots' Earthquake got me into sunvox
  • and some of NightRadio's videos about Virtual ANS, PhonoPaper, and Quantum VJ did the same for those three

the rest i just found out on his website :unknown:
EXT
maranho

Post by maranho »

I've been relocated to Spain for work issues a month ago and unfortunately couldn't bring my music equipment here. I had lots of different synthesizers and instruments back in my home but here I turned out with nothing. So the other day I have visited my friend at his property in Costa Blanca and he showed me his work that he creates with Sunvox. I thought it was just the best fit for me as I'm being relocated all the time to different countries and cities and cannot carry heavy equipment around. Sunvox is awesome as it allows me to create music wherever I want with just a small synthesizer with me.
leondustar

Post by leondustar »

Portability.
I think I skipped the first versions, until I realized the engine was very light/optimized compared to other daws.
Sunvox meant the death of my vst collection.
Almost everything has been recreated in sunvox in some way or form, and it will never break (in contrast to vst's linked to songfiles).
The filters & compressor easy sidechaining convinced me back then.
zeffii

Post by zeffii »

i was looking for a tracker + sound engine that would be kind to my lenovo 2gb 14-1BY, sunvox came up quickly after searches. After checking out 3 or 4 demo songs it was obvious sunvox would be sufficient and appropriate, the biggest limitation would be my own imagination.
Saltbearer

Post by Saltbearer »

IIRC back in 2013, someone in an edgy brony IRC pointed me to SunVox when I complained about the other, more lacking options for music production I had found for Android. Clearly stood out as more capable than other apps, as something really worth getting into. Wish I could remember who to thank...
CHEEZ2600

Re: how did you discover sunvox

Post by CHEEZ2600 »

I'll be honest and say that I was looking for a lightweight DAW with capabilities almost as big as the "big boys" such as FL Studio. I was also looking for something that would work on a Raspberry Pi. Thank goodness for SunVox.

Anyway, I also discovered PixiTracker while looking for Pi stuff too, but I would use that on my phone rather than my Raspberry Pi desktop setup.

Thank you Mr. Zolotov for making amazing apps. <3

:beer:
Still learning...
burij

Post by burij »

I was looking for a way to build a standalone synth with a raspberrypi and midi-controller. Ended up using sunvox as my exclusive daw.
You can download my exclusive Sunvox-Metamodules here: https://label.weddinger-schule.de/category/tools/
Mega Micro

Post by Mega Micro »

I remember seeing PixiTracker in Microsoft Store I think, and then I think I randomly found it in Play Market, and decided to look at some other apps by him. And, as I remember, I found PixiLang and wanted to know how it works (but what made me go to the website???....), and arrived in warmplace.ru. I don't really remember the story, but simply: the apps just looked interesting for me
:beer:
PFP from this game
ainegil

Post by ainegil »

I think it was user lilith who posted about Sunvox on some synth forum where I first learned about it many years ago, but never tried it until my computer broke and all I was left with was a new phone.
So I discovered everything by nightradio in the app store.
I stopped using Sunvox since I now have a hardware groovebox, but I am huge fan of Pixilang since.
It's the ideal mini scripting sketchbook on the Raspberry for me.
You can do so many things and I like the simplicity.
Its timeless.
I think each computer should ship with a little text editor and Pixilang.
Logickin λ

Post by Logickin λ »

I originally used a flash game, and the name was Notessimo;
I wanna make some trance music, but it was impossible;
I admired paid daw users, but I couldn’t afford such luxury;
I decided to try some free daws, starting my daw searching journey.

I found SunVox by luck, from a random AppStore search;
I found it cost money, so I did an internet research;
I found warmplace, and downloaded the windows version;
I played Boomlinde - Caravan*, and the software complexity is beyond my imagination.

I got overwhelmed, but I found great tutorials from solarlune;
I got inspired, and I had a lot of fun on making some tune;
I got the Gilzad’s vocoder module; my mind was blown;
Without his cool creations, the existence of VOXCOM might be unknown**.

* Boomlinde - Caravan was the first demo song at the time
** Gilzad’s modules were amazing at the time; if he didn’t share his vocoder, I would not be inspired and motivated to make modules and to do experiments in SunVox.
ShockWave

Post by ShockWave »

Saw the Ahoy video 3 years ago. Forgot about it. Remembered it for no reason a 5 months later or so. Decided to check out a tracker.
Picked the shiniest looking one from the videos round up of modern trackers at the end.

and the shiniest one was the one I stuck with.