SunVox To-Do List

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
jazzpolice

Re: SunVox To-Do List

Post by jazzpolice »

great software! and possibly one of the best sounding softsynths out there! i'm really surprised...

now.. i didn't read all this, don't know what has been suggested so far.. so let me suggest the following

1. vst support
2. recording out modules' output, maybe even audio tracks
3. full midi support: cc, program change etc. very important here: automation
4. automation envelopes
5. swing / shuffle

with all this sunvox would be a real killer
r4c7

Post by r4c7 »

Hey I'm just wondering what the envelope generator will encompass. It can affect any parameter? Can the envelope be inverted? Can it be synced to ticks, beats, etc.? Is it a full ADSR? Maybe have a really funky evelope like DelayAttackDelayDecaySustainRelease? Can you draw an envelope? Will you be able to set both the starting value and peak value? Sorry if this is asking too much, I'm just really curious as I would love something like this even if it doesn't have any of the features mentioned.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

It can affect any parameter? Can the envelope be inverted?
Yes :)
Can it be synced to ticks, beats, etc.?
I think yes.
Is it a full ADSR?
Not ADSR. Just free user defined envelope with any number of points. Like in the Sampler.
r4c7

Post by r4c7 »

Awesome. That goes beyond my expectations! I can not wait any longer. :)
tripflag

Post by tripflag »

NightRadio wrote:
It can affect any parameter? Can the envelope be inverted?
Yes :)
This is amazing! I wanted to request some sort of effect that would let you slide from one parameter to another (smooth pulsewidth changes) but looks like it was already in the works. Looking forward to this :good:
mcrk

Post by mcrk »

this must be a basic stupid question at this point, but in IOS version is it possible to load the ".sunvox" files without connecting to the pc through itunes filesharing?
i.e. "open in", mail export, dropbox export, etc.
thank you
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

mcrk wrote:this must be a basic stupid question at this point, but in IOS version is it possible to load the ".sunvox" files without connecting to the pc through itunes filesharing?
i.e. "open in", mail export, dropbox export, etc.
thank you
You can export files via WiFi. It would be nice to able to email sunvox files to someone else or yourself.
organic io

Post by organic io »

Hey nightradio, I just noticed there are some new forums dedicated to FM Synthesis, and there is a section just for Sunvox!

http://forum.fmsynthesis.com/
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hey nightradio, I just noticed there are some new forums dedicated to FM Synthesis, and there is a section just for Sunvox!
Interesting! Thank you
foodeater

Post by foodeater »

Screen sets? That is save and switch between multiple custom view configurations.For instance if I'm editing a pattern I might make the keyboard/number entry larger and hide everything else except the pattern.

A Meta-pattern module? Can mute tracks on other patterns as well as mute modules. Behaves like the Drumsynth in that note values activate it. Gate or toggle?

Or if the meta-modules could respond to note values to mute them? Right now I mute and un-mute meta-modules to set module volumes to zero.

This video is showing what I mean on an MPC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TwRhohpVoE
Adventourous Boy

Post by Adventourous Boy »

I think maybe a visualizer.
Personally, I LOVE the SunVox/Pixilang videos, and if there was a way to do that in SunVox just like in PixiTracker (maybe in Preferences?) that would be amazing, because I am on Mac OS X and can't code the songs in Pixilang.

Thanks!

A.B.
cube48

Post by cube48 »

Nice to read about Envelope controller for any parameter!
Would it be also feasible to create LFO parameter controller?
It could have the same parameters like current LFO effect, perhaps some more shape types (square variants of various pulse widths, random/s&h, etc.), maybe delay parameter (LFO fade-in time). And finally user would connect it to any other target module and specify it's target parameter.
I can imagine that similar thing might be achievable with audio level controller that is on the list too.
I.e. Generator > LFO fx > Audio level controller > target module parameter.
nopcorp

Post by nopcorp »

Please allow the "relative note" in the Multisynth module and other module properties to be recorded as automation. please. thank you, NightRadio.
ayoshutduff

Post by ayoshutduff »

As far as new editions go for Sunvox, in my opinion, a live mode (similar to Fruity Loops) should be implemented in the next version. Honestly it would make everything easier. Doing solos, percussion, etc...
nopcorp

Post by nopcorp »

ayoshutduff wrote:As far as new editions go for Sunvox, in my opinion, a live mode (similar to Fruity Loops) should be implemented in the next version. Honestly it would make everything easier. Doing solos, percussion, etc...
I agree! I'd like to be able to record the muting and soling of parts while i play my tracks, and then be able to record that performance into another track for more precise editing.