Sunvox Android questions /request

pegaso1

Sunvox Android questions /request

Post by pegaso1 »

Hi,
I bought Sunvox for android a few weeks ago and its great, best music app on android imho.

One thing thats really hard is the seqencer, it always records to a new pattern and dosent loop,
Its very frustrating and different to my hardware sequencers. Is there a way to record to the currently
selected pattern instead of creating a new one every time? If you record a few paramater tweaks you end up with a load of different patterns that are nearly empty just for 1 sound.

Looping, overdub/replace modes would also be great, Im really missing the workflow of my hardware gear. Imho this is the single biggest failing in sunvox but surely it would be very easy to implement?

Also does the midi do anything on Android? Midiwifi?

Also noticed some strange behavior playing multisynth with the xy pad and sounded very different to the keyboard, have the savefile if you want.

last thing, typing a message on this forum with android is horrible, random 2-5 second lag on every keypress. Type a word, wait, half the word comes up, wait, type next word. Ive never seen anything like tis in over a year
pegaso1

Re: Sunvox Android questions /request

Post by pegaso1 »

Sorry that message broke. was saying Ive never seen this in over a year of android use. maybe you need to update the forum software or somthing?

Anyway sorry if it sounds like Im just complaining, I really like sunvox and yove done a great job.
Thanks!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Hello!
I bought Sunvox for android a few weeks ago and its great, best music app on android imho.
Thank you very much!
Imho this is the single biggest failing in sunvox but surely it would be very easy to implement?
Not so easy, sorry. May be i will implement it in one of the new updates.
Also does the midi do anything on Android? Midiwifi?
Right now there is no MIDI support on SunVox for Android.
Also noticed some strange behavior playing multisynth with the xy pad and sounded very different to the keyboard, have the savefile if you want.
Hm... i'm not sure. But XY pad is very different to the keyboard, because it has no binding to the notes. Touch Theremin has the smoother frequency scale. Is it you talking about? Or may be there are some other strange things?
maybe you need to update the forum software or somthing?
No problem. I will check this.
lincruste

Post by lincruste »

Hello,
A question about your android version:
Is it possible to use an Akai LPK25 on a TF101 Tablet ?
I do see the option for MIDI input in your (great) software, but I cannot get it to detect the keyboard*.

I don't know much about Android hardware nor MIDI over USB devices, but what I know is this:
-The LPK25 is natively detected on GNU/Linux desktop.
-It is well detected on Android through USB MIDI Monitor (a third party application from Google Play) (so I guess the device can communicate with the tablet)

Do I have to get a "middleware" application on Android to get it to work on SunVox ?
Thanks again and please forgive my bad english.

*it works perfectly well this way on your Win32 version
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Sorry, but the current version of SunVox for Android has no MIDI input/output support.
lincruste

Post by lincruste »

Understood.
Thanks for your fast answer, Sunvox is great anyway !
Regards.
MissahSombrero

Post by MissahSombrero »

+1 for record to selected pattern rather than create new one each time.