SunVox v1.7.2 BETA 1

NightRadio
Site Admin

SunVox v1.7.2 BETA 1

Post by NightRadio »

Hi! :) Here is the first testing version 1.7.2
http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/beta/sunvox1.7.2.beta1.zip
(for Windows, Linux, OSX, PalmOS and Windows Mobile)

What is new:
  • new module - WaveShaper;
  • new options in Preferences->Recording: Pattern fit to grid, Note quantization, Controller quantization;
  • empty parameter of the vibrato effect 04 is now treated as "use previous parameter value"; works only for songs created in SunVox 1.7.2 and higher;
  • new option "smooth frequency change" in the Analog Generator; enabled by default; disable it if you want to use arpeggio effect 08;
  • velocity map in the MultiSynth module;
  • improved CPU Usage Monitor with scrolling and module selection;
  • maximum number of pattern tracks has been increased from 8 to 16;
  • maximum Echo delay length increased to 4 seconds (except for PalmOS, where still the maximum is 1 second);
  • new controller in the Echo module - "Delay units" with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines);
  • new controller in the Filter module - "LFO frequency units" with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines);
  • new controller in the Flanger module - "Vibrato speed units" with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines);
  • new controller in the LFO module - "Frequency units" with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines);
  • new controller in the Vibrato module - "Frequency units" with different available modes (ms, Hz, ticks, lines);
  • new controller in the Vibrato module - "Set phase";
  • sound engine optimization;
  • many bugs fixed.

Re: SunVox v1.7.2 BETA 1

Post by Guest »

Very awesome features! The waveshaper allows to get pretty interesting sounds, and the ability to switch units for echo/vibrato allows to achieve perfect delays and some pretty cool effects. I'm wondering what more will be in beta 2 and full release. :good:
FreeFull

Post by FreeFull »

Guest wrote:Very awesome features! The waveshaper allows to get pretty interesting sounds, and the ability to switch units for echo/vibrato allows to achieve perfect delays and some pretty cool effects. I'm wondering what more will be in beta 2 and full release. :good:
Woops, that was me. Forgot to log in.
organic io

Post by organic io »

2 words...

AWE SOME

Can't wait to check it out :)
fuzzix

Post by fuzzix »

Great stuff, looking forward to playing with this later (i.e. you just made my work day longer, thanks ;) )

I have added PKGBUILDs to AUR for stable and beta releases for any of you using Arch Linux (hope that's OK with you, NightRadio) :)
irc.esper.net
#sunvox
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

hope that's OK with you, NightRadio
Of course :) Thank you!
organic io

Post by organic io »

NightRadio wrote: [*]improved CPU Usage Monitor with scrolling and module selection;
I really like the look and feel of the CPU Usage monitor screen now! I can't wait to test it on the Mobilepro :)
organic io

Post by organic io »

OK NR...

I did some testing on the Mobilepro. First off, I must say I LOVE the new CPU screen. Really wonderful.

However I still seem to have a bug with CPU usage:
Double stop still seems to not work (at least on ARM).
Regardless of whether it's pressed via keyboard or the Stop icon, it seems like it only stops some of the modules each time you press stop. It takes me up to 5 "stop" presses to successfully stop all running modules. I did this on a CPU test file where I created a bunch of reverbs in a chain, but also tested it with a WIP song.
In the Reverb test, I had a generator, and then 4 or 5 reverbs chained after that into the output. I would play a couple notes on the generator, and then do a double stop. It would stop CPU usage on the first generator after that, but the other 3 would still be going (18-20% cpu each). Each time I would press stop after that, it would stop the next reverb, and so on until they were finally all stopped.

As always, I can send you project file and/or video.

However I have currently overcome this limitation by assigning my autohotkey script to press F12 five times in a row, that way I know everything is stopped. The interface is so much faster now even on my more complex songs. It's wonderful!

I also like how the generators are yellow and effects are white. Great job!

I have some suggestions for the new and improved CPU usage view to make it even better:

* What about marking the bypassed and muted modules in a different color? For example light gray for bypassed, dark gray for muted? Or something like that

* What about being able to sort this view by several parameters? I.e. Module number, Name, CPU usage. Similar to how you click the top of an excel spreadsheet. This would primarily be useful to sort by CPU usage so you could single out which modules are using the most and then either change their settings, or bypass or whatever.

Keep up the great work! I haven't really had a chance to mess with the new FX timing modes, or the new waveshaper module. Looking forward to it though!
revo11

Post by revo11 »

downloading now...

My biggest request - allow changes to the pattern arranger without stopping playback. This is by far my biggest workflow stumbling block with sunvox.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

organic io,
ok, thank you for this info! I will try to reproduce this bug with reverbs on my devices.
And thanks for suggestions! :)

revo11,
sorry, i can't promise this feature in v1.7.3
organic io

Post by organic io »

NightRadio wrote:organic io,
ok, thank you for this info! I will try to reproduce this bug with reverbs on my devices.
I think it's not just with reverbs, but I will do more testing to confirm. I used reverbs for testing simply because they are so CPU intensive.
organic io

Post by organic io »

organic io wrote:
NightRadio wrote:organic io,
I think it's not just with reverbs, but I will do more testing to confirm. I used reverbs for testing simply because they are so CPU intensive.
Yes, a bit of testing today confirms that other FX modules are not always stopping after a double stop. Ones I noticed still running: Compressor, Filter, Echo, possibly EQ. I didn't ever see any generators still running though so I think it's mostly an effects modules thing.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I confirm. Double stop does not work sometimes.
Will be fixed )
organic io

Post by organic io »

:)