SunVox for Android is ready!

intheyear9595

Re: SunVox for Android is ready!

Post by intheyear9595 »

Chineese bestseller - Smartdevices SmartQ T10 (original one) Android 2.3 Cortex A9-800Mhz/512Ram/Mali400 - works like a charm! Latency (if someone cares) is near 100ms, but this is GOOD for this little machine (Caustic gets 170ms). No bugs, no audio dropouts in any circumstances, CPU load is at very minimum (maximum is 40% w/reverb on).
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Weirdly, it worked at first, but doesn't anymore. It loads up, but is just a black screen that I have to back out of. I have a Droid X, and it's running Android 2.3 (I think).
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Weirdly, it worked at first, but doesn't anymore.
Sorry for this bug. Will be fixed today or tomorrow.
trackhead

Post by trackhead »

Help ! - i broke it

I´ve set the screen resolution in the wrong direction (from 240 to 480) - and now the menue-text is so big that i can´t reach the menue-entry "preferences".
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Help ! - i broke it
Two solutions.
1) Remove all app data (in Android preferences -> Applications).
2) Reinstall it.
trackhead

Post by trackhead »

2) Reinstall worked!

Thanks for the quick help.

Post by Guest »

i grabbed sunvox for android and have been playing about with it, these are some of my thoughts, general user feedback and bugs etc, sorry if its a bit long but hopefully there are some points you may find useful in there

if you go to preferences, user interface, scale, then double tap anywhere on the screen, 90% of the time the program will just close instantly, if you got lucky and its working ok, just pressing cancel and going back into the scale menu is enough to expose the issue again, thankfully this issue is easily avoidable but it made setting scale tricky as it was crashing constantly when i first go the program due to this

pasting seems to crash regularly, so far i'd say 60% of the time, maybe more, but i haven't used it enough to know if theres a pattern that leads to the crash, but happens enough that it seems like a major issue, this is the buggest issue im having

the trackpad on my phone seems to function as a mouse in the program, but the cursor is invisible so you can't see what your doing, and its always in the down / pressed state, so if you touch it you end up with a lot of accidental clicks around the ui, while it would be good to see it functional if that isn't something that can be worked out easily it would be better just disabled, its very easy to touch while holding the phone so generally causes issues

this phone has a bunch of extra buttons and some of them seem to be already bound to certain actions while others are not, currently i can use the dpad to navigate, nice for accuracy and 2 buttons play keys on the keyboard, great for testing sound adjustments when the keyboard goes off the top of the screen, and one button toggles record mode, im finding these really useful, so feels like if the unused buttons could be put to use it would only help further, either hardcoded or a button bind menu to assign common functions to buttons would be a great way to speed up the workflow and get the most out of the program

one problem i do have with this phone is the circle button acts as a back button and its easy to hit, this is a bit of a pain as that just instantly closes the program, it would be great if it could be set so this button doesn't exit the program, and in general it seems like it would be good if back asks for a confirmation of exit anyway

when switching programs it seems to default to resetting everything and asking if you want to recover, personaly i'd rather have it auto recover every time without asking, its easy to start a new song if needed so seems like it isn't really a time saver and adds to the risk of accidently hitting the wrong thing and losing work in the process

in the save song as dialogue the interface doesn't seem to make it clear you have to hit the enter button on the virtual keyboard for it to apply the rename, you can still see and press the ok button below the keyboard and if you do this it doesn't apply the rename, seems like it would help if hitting ok applied the name or if it was just set so you couldn't press ok while the virtual keyboard is still on screen

as mentioned previously i also fell into the trap of setting a scale value that made it impossible to get back into the menu to fix it, i guess this could be handled in a way like resolution changes, a dialogue to ask if its ok to keep new settings and auto revert if the user doesn't click ok within a time

once again sorry for the long winded post, just giving some feedback based on my time with the program so far, and is just ment as constructive feedback.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you for this information.
I will try to fix all the bugs as much as possible.

One question for you. What kind of Paste do you mean? Paste whole patterns in the Timeline, or Paste some notes in the Pattern editor (top part of the screen)?

Post by Guest »

this is in the top section, i go to the options to load up the extra floating tool bar that has the options like copy / paste / duplicate, so far it has never crashed when hitting copy, the crash has always been the moment i press the paste button
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Ok. I will check this.
By the way, bug with the Scale is fixed now. Please update your version on Android Market.
knapman

Post by knapman »

cool, yea that menu is no longer crashing
dididodo

Post by dididodo »

Oh wow, great work. Cant wait to check this out on my galaxy nexus :)
knapman

Post by knapman »

just trying the new update to see if the copy / paste bug was fixed and seemed i can no longer copy / paste at all in this version
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

knapman,
please tell how can i reproduce it on my device.
My way: add some notes to pattern; switch to Selection mode; select some area on the pattern; click copy/cut; click paste. And it works without any problems.
knapman

Post by knapman »

it is not crashing, its just not doing anything

if i start a new project, record 1 note then try and copy that 1 note and paste it somewhere nothing happens, i have tried using the floating toolbar and the option in the edit menu with the same result

edit: i have just tried it again and it is working now, so whatever the issue was im not sure what triggered it, if i am able to replicate the issue again i'll provide more details

edit 2: looks like selection mode may be the key to fixing it, if i start a new song, place 1 note and attempt to copy and paste it won't work, if i enable selection mode and select the entire line and copy paste it will work and then if i disable selection mode normal copy and paste seems to function after that