Multi-platform modular music creation studio
drewzle

Re: SunVox todo

Post by drewzle »

^ i am excited! : )
PalmSounds

Post by PalmSounds »

I just wanted to say what an excellent job you did of the 1.1 release. Really impressed, and I expect it took a lot of time and effort.

If you have a little time it would be good to update the todo list to see what you're thinking of next for SunVox.

All the best.
Palm Sounds :::
All about mobile music making
http://the-palm-sound.blogspot.com/
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you!
Of course, this list is not full. But sometimes i make changes in it :) If you have any suggestions, please post them here.
I think, that new release 1.2 will be available in the next few days.
sergos

Post by sergos »

I would add my spoon.
To start with: I used 1.1b on IPAQ HX4700.
  • - I was not able to make selection of channels in pattern editor that are beyond the screen size, the left-right scrolling is expected similar to top-down
    - a predefined stepping while note enter is missing - to put every Nth line note only. This feature was in Impulse Tracker, nut sure about others. Very handy for equal intervals, such as drums, bass, etc
    - spectravoice can benefit from switch of quantizing the harmonic freq according to the scale - so the freq will jump semitones up/down while scrolling
    - per-channel and per-generator muting, bypass/mute for effects
    - LFO of sq type causes clicks - there should be "attack" parameter? actually, all shapes of LFO can be set with only one "bend" parameter similar to Bezier curve, starting from sq to sin to tri to saw
    - a very handy feature of Impulse Tracker was ability to preview the different module instrument. It will require the ability to read up an instrument from the module package, enable it and set it as default. With introducing of macro objects - they can be used also, such as generator+filter+echo. As a first approach - implementation of Sampler preview of XI from modules
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Thank you, sergos.
Be sure, i'll take into account your issues and suggestions.
sergos

Post by sergos »

OMG!
But not the next day! :D
The 1.2 version as of 13.01 has some fixes!

Great job! Keep on!
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

Some suggestions, some of them in response to the *todo* list.

1.) The patch block macros need a save/load function so that one can load a set of synths/fx easily. Similar to the combinator in Reason, if you have used that. As well, PicaTune used this style of synth stack saving/loading as well, which made it easy to have some good sounds to start with when just sketching out a new tune.

2.) Sampler - Auto assign drum-kit mapping button for loaded samples. ReNoise has this feature and it's a big time saver. :) It takes the loaded samples and keeps them at loaded pitch and puts them in keys adjacent to each other starting at C-4. Load all samples to instrument then hit the button and you're ready to jam.

3.) Scale icons in the arranger view. When editing on PC, it's kind of hard to see the icons clearly when they're so small when the screen is at high resolutions. On handheld device, this isn't a problem, only on PC.

4.) Bypass parameter for all effects. 0 = do not bypass, 1 = bypass, 2 = mute/off (stop signal at this machine)

5.) More in depth FM machine with multiple waveforms for the mod/car, different feedback algorhythms, etc. It's kind of a limited sound right now, which isn't a good thing considering how versatile FM can be.

6.) I saw there's more traditional tracker commands coming. I hope that sample offset and retrigger are among them, as well as speed/bpm commands. :)

7.) Machine Requests: Compressor/Limiter (something simple would suffice...threshold, ratio, in-gain, out-gain, lookahead), LFO that can control other machines (i.e. meta LFO...this could turn the Delay into a Chorus, add unique filter possibilities, etc.), Parametric EQ (2 adjustable bands would be great)...and that's all i can think of! :)

8.) PC key assigned to PLAY SONG. I'm kind of used to SPACEBAR being the play button and ESCAPE being the EDIT button. hehe...

9.) Tits. Everything is better with tits. :lol: :mrgreen: :D

This program is really amazing, considering it can run great on a PDA made several years ago. Each update continues to amaze. Thanks for your work.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
ignatzthemouse

Post by ignatzthemouse »

The auto assign to drum map from Re-noise would be a particularly good idea. I keep promising to buy a license for Sunvox as soon as i find something mobile to run it but as yet im still browsing. There are so many of the bloody things.
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

I run mine on a Tungsten T3. Works great.
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
ghostly

Post by ghostly »

How about a warning when you try and close the program in Windows (i.e. do you want to save or something). I just clicked the x by mistake and lost a masterpiece!! :x Lesson learned though...
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

ghostly wrote:How about a warning when you try and close the program in Windows (i.e. do you want to save or something). I just clicked the x by mistake and lost a masterpiece!! :x Lesson learned though...
Sorry for such problem. I'll fix it.
ghostly

Post by ghostly »

No need to apologise, easily overlooked. And I should have been saving regularly.... :roll:
zires

Post by zires »

Really great program! I am used to using Bhajis Loops and this program blows it away in many aspects.

Don't know if these were suggested if so forgive me...
-I would like to see an editor besides the piano roll...for those users who work with loops or drums.
-Highlight the key on the piano roll that is currently playing. Also if I select a note on the pattern, I would like to see the note highlighted as well. This is implemented the other way around...when I press a key it remains highlighted.
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

Sorry for this quick post, but for PC versions and I guess handhelds with higher resolution, an option to have all windows on one screen would be nice...i.e. right now, you the pattern window, the machine window or the pattern window and the sequencer window. A three layer setup would be great for those of us that use the program on pc because you could see everything at once. Since the interface was designed for lower resolutions, on a pc, everything has a LOT of 'breathing room'. Having to not switch between machine and sequencer window would be the tits for PC. :) One view to rule them all.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

To zires:
yes, piano-roll with such features is in my todo-list already :)

To hseiken:
Nice idea, thank you! I'll try to implement it