Site Admin

SunVox 1.9.3

Post by NightRadio »

SunVox has been updated to v1.9.3!
http://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox
:beer:

What is new:
  • 64-bit Windows support (x86_64);
  • Android (4.0 and higher): Preferences -> Interface: new option "Hide system bars" for true immersive fullscreen mode;
  • iOS: Audiobus 3 support (with MIDI);
  • macOS and Linux: experimental Wi-Fi export/import support (like on iOS);
  • Linux: now SDL2 library is used instead of the old SDL1.2;
  • desktop systems with the sample rate 48000 and higher: improved sound quality of the following modules: DrumSynth, Analog Generator, FM;
  • sound engine optimization;
  • MIDI IN options has beed added to the Module Properties: here you can change the MIDI IN channel and the mode (receive MIDI commands "when the module selected" or "always");
  • the biggest Sampler update since 2008;
  • Sampler: click removal algorithm (between two notes on the same channel, or during the sharp note cutoff);
  • Sampler: added four new envelopes to control the effect (with polyphony support), which is one of the built-in SunVox modules; so you can choose almost any SunVox module (for example, Filter or MetaModule), and it will be stored inside the Sampler;
  • Sampler: new option "Ignore velocity for volume";
  • Sampler (editor): the scroll wheel now increases/decreases the area exactly under the mouse cursor;
  • Sampler (sample editor): new loop parameter - Sustain; when enabled, loop will be finished after the Note OFF;
  • Sampler (sample editor): deeper zoom;
  • Sampler (sample editor): supported shortcuts: Selection begin, Selection end, Paste and mix;
  • Sampler (sample editor): Crossfade Loop effect has been added into the menu;
  • Sampler (envelope editor): unlimited envelope length, unlimited number of envelope points;
  • Sampler (envelope editor): supported shortcuts: Delete, Backspace, Insert, Tab, Left, Right, Up, Down;
  • Sampler (envelope editor): point info display has been added; press it to show/hide the additional buttons for precise point control;
  • Sampler (envelope editor): new envelope parameters: Gain, Velocity influence;
  • Sampler (envelope editor): new envelopes: Pitch, Effect Controller;
  • MetaModule: new option "Event output"; when enabled, the MetaModule can output events (Note ON/OFF, Set Pitch, etc.) from the internal Output module; see the examples metamodule_arpeggiator3/4;
  • MetaModule: effect 07 (set sample offset by percentage) is now supported too; you can use it to jump to the specified location within the MetaModule-project;
  • MetaModule: new mode "play without repeat" has been added to the "Play patterns" controller;
  • Filter, Filter Pro, Flanger, LFO, Vibrato: current LFO phase is visible now (on the "Set phase" controller);
  • Filter, Filter Pro, Flanger, LFO, Vibrato: the incoming notes (Note ON commands) reset the LFO phase to "Set phase" value;
  • MultiSynth: new option "Trigger" (ignore Note OFF commands; the new note turns off the old note with the same pitch);
  • MultiSynth: new controller "Curve2 influence" (mix between the linear (default) and the user-drawn curve2);
  • Reverb: new controller "Random seed";
  • LFO: new controller "Generator" (always generate a signal, even if the input is empty);
  • LFO: triangle waveform;
  • Pattern Editor: new function "Place evenly" (place events evenly in the selected area);
  • new project parameter - "Time grid2" (the higher-level grid, number of time grid cells);
  • "Randomize controllers" can now be canceled through the UNDO;
  • lists of the recent files and folders have been added to the file browser; you can disable it in the Preferences -> Interface;
  • "Resize" button has been added to the musical keyboard in the file browser (when the Preview is enabled);
  • new keyboard shortcut in the file browser: BACKSPACE or LEFT - go to the parent directory;
  • new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + P - place selected events evenly (pattern editor);
  • new keyboard shortcut: remap (pattern editor) - keys are not assigned to this shortcut by default;
  • almost all windows can be closed by pressing the ESC;
  • additional small font for low-res displays; you can switch between the three built-in fonts in the Preferences -> Interface -> Fonts;
  • Preferences -> Main: new button "Log" (show/save SunVox log);
  • Preferences -> Interface: new option "Zoom buttons" (hide/show zoom in/out buttons);
  • Preferences -> Interface -> Color theme: ability to manually adjust the four primary colors (c_0, c_1, c_2, c_3);
  • new instruments and effects (see the folders instruments and effects);
  • new examples: NightRadio - Reach for the Stars, Transient - Can It Be Beautiful;
  • new simple examples: sampler effect envelopes, metamodule_arpeggiator3, metamodule_arpeggiator4;
  • user manual update: http://www.warmplace.ru/wiki/doku.php?i ... :manual_en;
  • base configuration file update (description of all additional colors): http://www.warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox_config.ini;
  • updated library for developers: http://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox_lib-1.9.3.zip;
  • bug fixes: note hang in Glide, broken virtual MIDI IN port in iOS, problems with Wi-Fi Export/Import, etc.
TheMonopluralist

Re: SunVox 1.9.3

Post by TheMonopluralist »

Awesome :)
cube48

Post by cube48 »

Thank you!
fogmachine

Post by fogmachine »

Thanks so much!!
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

Thanks!

This update is huge.

Sampler (envelope editor): new envelopes: Pitch, Effect Controller...this will add so much expression
jbw

Post by jbw »

Nice update. I especially like the custom color themes. 8)
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

excellent,. . only now my game dev will take a huge hit as I use time to mess with all this new goodness.
extra special thanks for releasing the library at the same time! I can immediately put to use in my newest game.
transient

Post by transient »

you rock alexander! :Yahoo!:
gennargiu

Post by gennargiu »

Many thanks Alexander for great new update sunvox :good:

gennaro
Hp Elite 8200 Sff + Raspberry pi4 (4 giga ram) - Sunvox 1.9.5 - Mx Linux 19 (Debian Buster based) + Raspbian Buster
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Yeah, great work, Night! Super great to see more updates to this awesome piece of software!
Severak

Post by Severak »

Hi. I have tested SunVox 1.9.3 on Raspberry Pi and it seems to be very slow. Previous version (1.9.2) was fine.

Also I noticed that 1.9.3 requires SDL 2 (which was not installed on my RPi before), so I suspect that SDL2 is that slow thing.
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

I'm loving the LFO updates. And I love the melodies in the sample effect envelopes example.

Thanks a bunch.
TheMonopluralist

Post by TheMonopluralist »

Severak wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:41 am Hi. I have tested SunVox 1.9.3 on Raspberry Pi and it seems to be very slow. Previous version (1.9.2) was fine.

Also I noticed that 1.9.3 requires SDL 2 (which was not installed on my RPi before), so I suspect that SDL2 is that slow thing.
I have also found some things to be maxxing out the cpu using 1.9.3, where previously I hadn't noticed it using 1.9.2. Unfortunately I can't A/B test my setup because I did a fresh install of stretch lite over my old microsd card, so can't be sure, but it definitely SEEMs to be running less efficiently, if that is worth anything. Nothing here to dispute your experiences, and I've no reason to think SDL2 definitely isn't to blame, but don't really know.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Yes, you can find the instruction in the readme.txt in the same folder with SunVox:

Code: Select all

if FPS is too low:
1) add the "softrender" option to the SunVox config (~/.config/SunVox/sunvox_config.ini)
  OR
2) enable desktop OpenGL driver in the raspi-config.
As far as I could understand, SDL2 is now optimized for OpenGL (even in 2D mode). So if you have no true OpenGL desktop driver enabled - SDL2-based apps may be slow.
I got the best results (on my RPi 2 + latest Raspbian) with the "softrender" option and disabled OpenGL driver.

If you think that the audio engine is slower in SunVox 1.9.3 - you can test it easily. Just download the previous release here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5tjr1m8ri7i4 ... oqaNa?dl=0
If it is true - please don't forget to send me the project, so i can test it too :)
Keres

Post by Keres »

Hey Nightradio! I am simply overwhelmed by how good of an update this is! the 07 command on the metamodule really changes everything now!!! you are one hell of a coder man! Definately I owe you a six pack or two!