SunVox 1.9.3 BETA2

Multi-platform modular music creation studio
El Nino

Re: SunVox 1.9.3 BETA1

Post by El Nino »

Greetings and big props to nightradio for this awesome and massive update!
There are so many new features to explore. Great new features!

The new pitch envelope in the sampler is so perfect, along with the lines and ticks information.
Its going to be so nice for gliding melodies within each note-on. Really expressive, so many possibilities.

Many thanks, this update is huge.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Or will it go deeper and apply tick delays for the notes if we were to use it to quickly insert triplets?
Yes, it will apply the delay effects (40…5F) if the events don't fit into the grid exactly.
Basically, it's the same as the LFO of yore; except that the old LFO ignored notes. Now, if you direct notes at it (whether or not those notes signals are turned into audio anywhere) you reset its phase.
Exactly. If you just connect the Generator [1] to the LFO [2], the [1] will not send the NoteON/NoteOFF events to the [2]. You should send such events directly to the [2] or use the MultiSynth.
Rondobotic

Post by Rondobotic »

NightRadio wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:46 am
Or will it go deeper and apply tick delays for the notes if we were to use it to quickly insert triplets?
Yes, it will apply the delay effects (40…5F) if the events don't fit into the grid exactly.

:shock:

8)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

SolarLune, thank you for the files!
jugger

Post by jugger »

Loving a lot of these new features. Crossfade loop for example makes creating pad sounds so much faster and random seed for reverb creating some nice variation.

Any chance for getting a shortcut to a later beta which would start playback from cursor position in pattern editor, or maybe shortcuts to move the playhead back and forward? That would greatly help when dealing with longer patterns, not having to move playhead with mouse :)
lavacado

Post by lavacado »

probably been requested to hell, but is there any chance of a sample slicing feature sometime in the future? i know about the sample offset effect, but maybe something a bit more intuitive.
met

Post by met »

The sampler updates are tremendously useful, thanks for the excellent work!
Working with samples will be a lot more pleasant now.

I agree with lavacado that a slicing feature for longer samples/breakbeats would offer a more intuitive workflow than strictly sample offset commands.
Madrayken

Post by Madrayken »

Holy balls. This is quite an update.
iaon

Post by iaon »

Wowee, effect module inside the sampler! :D

Possible bug: The phase animation doesn't appear in the Flanger. (Win7)

Inspired by the MetaModule event output: a tuning module.
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

Just a quick observation that the LFO reset capability even more strongly motivates a round-robin module capability. Otherwise it's as if you're playing a paraphonic, rather than polyphonic synth.

Again, I can duplicate a given signal chain many times, and then manually trigger this one, then the next one, then the next one but it would be a lot easier with a round-robin capability.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Possible bug: The phase animation doesn't appear in the Flanger. (Win7)
This is a feature of the Flanger: it is in sleep mode until the sound appears on the input :)
I think i will fix it later...
gigi

Post by gigi »

Hello !
As always, awsome !!!!
However, I have 3 questions :

1. On windows 8 in sunvox 1.9.3, if I open an old song, the sampler dont recognize the .wav and it proposes me to load it as raw. I loaded it as raw and it play it one octave lower than the previous sunvox version I was using. I found that if I simply copy the 1.9.3 sunvox.exe into the "win32" folder of the previous sunvox vesion and launch it from there, the 1.9.3 sampler works fine. How we can solve this?

2. On the same windows 8, Avast antivirus dont let sunvox to launch until I set an exceptional permision on the sunvox.exe. Is this situation avoidable?

3. On my Linux Mint 18.0 Cinnamon 64bit the app dont launch either x86 or x86_64. In the properties of the app, the box "Allow executing the file as program" is well checked. What I'm forgeting? For the x86_64 i receive the message that the file is unknown type.

Thanks !!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

On windows 8 in sunvox 1.9.3, if I open an old song, the sampler dont recognize the .wav and it proposes me to load it as raw.
Send it to me please
On the same windows 8, Avast antivirus dont let sunvox to launch until I set an exceptional permision on the sunvox.exe. Is this situation avoidable?
I don't know, sorry... It works fine on my Windows10 without antivirus :)
On my Linux Mint 18.0 Cinnamon 64bit the app dont launch either x86 or x86_64.
In any such situations, try to launch the app in the Terminal. This will give you the exact description of the error.
For example, if you have no installed the libsdl2, you will get something like "no libsdl2" :)
Graphic file managers are stupidly silent - i hate them for it.
gigi

Post by gigi »

Thank you !!
1. I will send the project and the .wav to you by mail.
2. I uninstalled the antivirus, because the special permision worked only yesterday. Today it asked me again, so I dont want to do the procedure everyday. I need more sunvox than the antivirus. :ROFL:
3. You was right, from terminal it said me that libsdl2.0 was missing. Now all is fine on Linux. And I dont have the problem of the sampler described in windows 8.

SolarLune, in my Mint 18.0 Cinnamon the recent files and folders work very well.
mrev

Post by mrev »

Oh my god NR thank you! This update is incredible!!