Modulate analog generator with LFO

ballacr75

Modulate analog generator with LFO

Post by ballacr75 »

Hi, it is possible to modulate some parameters of analog generator (like duty cycle, pitch, filter...) with an lfo or another module?
Thanks
Emanuele
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Modulate analog generator with LFO

Post by NightRadio »

Hello!
Yes, you can use Sound2Ctl module for this
http://www.warmplace.ru/wiki/sunvox:manual_en#sound2ctl
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

Absolutely. Here's how:

First, set up your Analog Generator module, connect it to Output, and make sure it sounds roughly how you want.

Next, leading from the Analog Generator module, build a chain of two Feedback modules. Lead those Feedback modules through an LFO module, and then through a Sound2Ctrl module that in turn goes back to the Analog Generator, modulating whatever you want. Tweak the respective parameters of these modules until you get the desired result. You may also want a Compressor module in your Feedback loop. This will run the LFO-based automation whenever there's sound coming from the Analog Generator.

Alternatively, if you want the LFO to be constantly sweeping whether or not the Analog Generator is active, do this:

First, set up your Analog Generator module, connect it to Output, and make sure it sounds roughly how you want. (Familiar, right?)

Next, add a Generator module (square or sine wave is fine) with sustain on. Feed this Generator module through an LFO, and then through a Sound2Ctrl module that modulates whatever you want in your Analog Generator module. Now add a pattern to your song that just keeps this Generator module active, so that you have a constant LFO-modulated signal driving the Sound2Ctrl module.

Hope this helps!
ballacr75

Post by ballacr75 »

Ok, works, but why don't create an LFO that doesn't need a Generator and a Sound2Ctrl to works?
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

Answer 1: It's possible NightRadio might, but I doubt it, because ...

Answer 2: In a modular environment, you don't need it, because ...

Answer 3: If you really want that, you can create a metamodule that does it.

Answer 4: Creating lots of module types that are easily duplicated by metamodules is inefficient, contributes to clutter, and distracts NightRadio from more fundamentally significant feature programming.

All in all, I suggest that you create that metamodule and upload it for the community's benefit.
squidmissile

Post by squidmissile »

You can get around having to use sustained instruments by routing an Amplifier into the LFO and setting the DC Offset to a preferred value that is not 0 (4000 hex). It will push the LFO's wave left or right making it an audible sound that can be heard by the sound2ctrl module.
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

ballacr75 wrote:Ok, works, but why don't create an LFO that doesn't need a Generator and a Sound2Ctrl to works?
+1 sound2control is awesome, but assignable LFOs would be more convenient. Anyways I'm holding out for "envelopes for any controller", not exactly an LFO but it will be so awesome. I get so hyped whenever sunvox point updates reach the last two bars. So looking forward to using a big screen again on my windows 10 touchscreen detachable tablet style laptop yo! hyped!!!!
BrodGasko

Post by BrodGasko »

Hi...as per my knowledge leading from the Analog Generator module, build a chain of two Feedback modules. Lead those Feedback modules through an LFO module, and then through a Sound2Ctrl module that in turn goes back to the Analog Generator, modulating whatever you want. Tweak the respective parameters of these modules until you get the desired result. You may also want a Compressor module in your Feedback loop.
Jocphone

Post by Jocphone »

Koekepan wrote:Answer 1: It's possible NightRadio might, but I doubt it, because ...

Answer 2: In a modular environment, you don't need it, because ...

Answer 3: If you really want that, you can create a metamodule that does it.

Answer 4: Creating lots of module types that are easily duplicated by metamodules is inefficient, contributes to clutter, and distracts NightRadio from more fundamentally significant feature programming.

All in all, I suggest that you create that metamodule and upload it for the community's benefit.
Unless I am missing something I can't seem to use a Sound2Ctl or MultiCtl as the output for a metamodule. Is there a technique for doing this ?