Pitch envelope for generators?

Coriolis

Pitch envelope for generators?

Post by Coriolis »

I'm pretty sure somebody already asked about this, but: how do I make a simple pitch envelope? I'm trying to synthesize 808 kick sound using only analog generator. I know there are some crunches, like using multisynth module, triggering sampler with envelope, which is used by sound2ctl module, but again, there is no such a parameter in usual and analog generator, "Pitch" (only finetune, which you cant modify with sound2ctl node). I know there is a kicker module, but I want to make it using only default and analog generators.
DigitalNematode

Re: Pitch envelope for generators?

Post by DigitalNematode »

Have you played around with the Wobble bass example? You can reverse engineer that pretty easily. It uses generators, kick and sampling I believe. First month on this platform so I don't have an easy answer for you. Reply back and I'll gladly trouble myself by sharing more ;)
:twisted:
iaon

Post by iaon »

You can use a portamento pattern effect (02 or 03). If you put the kick inside a MetaModule you can use higher BPM/TPL.
Or the S2C envelope you mentioned can be routed into the basic Generator to modulate the frequency (open controller 09).
Some distortion and compression can go a long way.
DigitalNematode

Post by DigitalNematode »

iaon wrote:You can use a portamento pattern effect (02 or 03). If you put the kick inside a MetaModule you can use higher BPM/TPL.
Or the S2C envelope you mentioned can be routed into the basic Generator to modulate the frequency (open controller 09).
Some distortion and compression can go a long way.
Gives me some ideas. Thank you.
:twisted:
iaon

Post by iaon »

The Glide module provides several new avenues in this regard. Here's a loose example using the FM module gliding from a muted higher note. There's some subtle variation in the character of the kicks, which can be a good thing.
Attachments
glick.sunvox
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
iaon

Post by iaon »

Two more kicks...
Attachments
glick3.sunvox
(2.35 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
glick2.sunvox
(2.88 KiB) Downloaded 374 times