Get/embed sample frames?

Kid_lofi

Get/embed sample frames?

Post by Kid_lofi »

So I know 'samples directly into timeline' is already on the to do list, but I was thinking as like an intermediate idea, a 'write sample frames into pattern' thing, sort of as if you were using the 09 effect in reverse? So at each line it figures out what the current frame would be if the sample were playing in real time?
I know it's not a perfect solution (would still probably click a little during playback, would only work for samples up to FFFFx256 frames in length), but it would allow samples to live a little more intuitively in the timeline (playback would commence from any point in the pattern, patterns could be sliced and still retain their timing etc).
It might be a lot of calculation, or it might be impossible, but it's an idea.
______
apologies for triplepost, it was a long week
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Get/embed sample frames?

Post by NightRadio »

I thought about the same thing. So it definitely will be implemented! :)
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

This would work really well if there was an ability to slice patterns into a variable number of even blocks. Slicing in half is great, but being able to slice into, say, 16, or 32, or 128, or however many pieces would be really awesome.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

+1
st4tic

Post by st4tic »

'samples directly into timeline' is one of the must have features for faster workflow, i hope it will be available soon in next version..