Site Admin

Pixilang v3.4.8

Post by NightRadio »

Pixilang v3.4.8 is out!
http://warmplace.ru/soft/pixilang

What is new:
  • added AIFF support (load only);
  • progressive JPEG support;
  • new functions: new_filter(), remove_filter(), reset_filter(), init_filter(), apply_filter() - for working with recursive (IIR) and nonrecursive (FIR) digital filters;
  • new function: wavetable_generator() - very fast multichannel sampler, where the sample is always looped and fixed-size (256 for 8bit data, or 32768 for 16bit data);
  • new sound examples: filter_16bit, filter_16bit_fixed_point, filter_32bit;
  • bugs fixed.
SolarLune

Re: Pixilang v3.4.8

Post by SolarLune »

Hey! It's cool that you updated Pixilang. The world can always use more cross-platform programming languages and APIs. Thanks a lot! Any thoughts or headway on implementing joysticks?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Any thoughts or headway on implementing joysticks?
Sorry, still no time for this... :)
SolarLune

Post by SolarLune »

Oh, okay. Thanks for the reply!
needhash

Post by needhash »

NightRadio, в следующей версии ожидается отладчик? Какие еще фичи будут? И скоро ли ориентировочно она может выйти? Спасибо.

PS. Еще одно пожелание: нечто вроде режима строгой компиляции (как use strict; в Perl), чтобы перед каждой переменной нужно было ставить var или наподобие. Такая фишка была бы опциональной, и никому бы не помешала, наоборот, сильно помогла бы, т.к. уменьшается кол-во ошибок. Был бы очень благодарен.

Может сделать публичный баг-трекер? Определять самые востребованные фичи, да и баги будет проще править. Есть много бесплатных сервисов.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

NightRadio, в следующей версии ожидается отладчик? Какие еще фичи будут? И скоро ли ориентировочно она может выйти? Спасибо.
На счет отладчика - обещать не могу.
Выход примерно намечен на июнь.

Вот примерный список изменений:
  • в функции print(), get_text_xsize() и get_text_ysize() добавлен дополнительный (опциональный) параметр max_xsize, задающий максимальную ширину текста в пикселях;
  • тип DYNAMIC будет удален из языка в ближайших обновлениях;
  • в функции thread_create() появился дополнительный параметр - flags; на данный момент для этого параметра доступен только один флаг - THREAD_FLAG_AUTO_DESTROY;
  • новый флаг контейнера: GL_NO_ALPHA;
  • новые операции обработки данных для функции op_cn(): OP_H_INTEGRAL и OP_V_INTEGRAL (дискретный интеграл), OP_H_DERIVATIVE и OP_V_DERIVATIVE (дискретная производная), OP_H_FLIP и OP_V_FLIP, OP_SUM;
  • новая функция: rotate() для поворота контейнера;
  • новая функция: copy_and_resize() для копирования блока данных с последующим масштабированием;
  • новая функция: get_system_log().
Еще одно пожелание: нечто вроде режима строгой компиляции (как use strict; в Perl), чтобы перед каждой переменной нужно было ставить var или наподобие.
Обещаю подумать. С ошибками в переменных сам сталкиваюсь постоянно, поэтому планирую так или иначе эту проблему решать
Может сделать публичный баг-трекер? Определять самые востребованные фичи, да и баги будет проще править. Есть много бесплатных сервисов.
Уже есть: http://code.google.com/p/pixilang/issues/list
xaccrocheur

Re: Pixilang v3.4.8 <-> SunVox 1.7.4+ ?

Post by xaccrocheur »

Is the audio engine updated along with new sunvox versions?

I'm only asking this because, trying to use your Soul Resonance audio-visual album (witch is mesmerizingly beautiful BTW, thank you NightRadio) to teach myself Pixilang (ultimatly, I want to do something like soul resonance but with different colors and flares, and also be able to live-play sunvox instruments while the tracks are playing, do you think it is feasible?) I noticed a problem with two of my songs, both made with recent sunvox versions.

One played, but all metamodule-based instruments were missing. The other, made with the 1.7.5b1 version, and that uses the new pitch shifter module, just coredumped.
The other songs, made with earlier SunVox versions, played just fine. I should say just magical, in fact.

I love the way module names flash depending on the signal amplitude ; could they also change shape (like size)?
Yassin Philip - Check out My music =@
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Is the audio engine updated along with new sunvox versions?
Yeah. And the latest library is here: http://warmplace.ru/soft/sunvox/sunvox_dll.zip
I love the way module names flash depending on the signal amplitude ; could they also change shape (like size)?
Of course. You should make some changes in the sunvox_visual.pixi
xaccrocheur

Post by xaccrocheur »

OK, I updated the libs, and now every SunVox song plays, with all the goodies :Yahoo!:
Now I had one song that kept on coredumping, and I don't know how, but I had the intuition that Pixilang did not like one module, and that this module was the VorbisPlayer. I then deleted it, replaced it with a sampler, saved the song, and then it played fine.

Now everything is playing fine. I'm using emacs in c-mode, the comments work, Pixilang is grand.
Yassin Philip - Check out My music =@