larger font for file dialog

Pixilang programming language
oots_fan

larger font for file dialog

Post by oots_fan »

Hi,

As I'm using a Viliv S5 with a 4.8" screen and 1024 by 600 resolution, I'd like to get a larger font for the file dialog. I can compile pixilang okay.

I tried using font_converter.pixi to create a new pixilang_font.h after creating a 16x16 font, where the original is an 8x8. The compile went okay, but I still have an 8x8 font in the dialog when first opening pixilang. The font is still 8x8 when I print to the screen as well (as in running text.pixi in the examples directory)

The only change I thought I needed to make in font_converter.pixi, was loading the new font. I assumed, if I did anything wrong the screen font would just look like garbage. Instead it is the original 8x8 font.

How do I change the default font in the code? What I tried above seemed to me to be the only way, but it is clear I'm wrong about that.

Thanks
Mike
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: larger font for file dialog

Post by NightRadio »

How do I change the default font in the code?
No easy way to change the font size, sorry.
But there are another ways.

1) In Makefile find SUNDOG_DEFINES for windows. Then replace -DGDI to -DDIRECTDRAW. Build it. And then change the screen resolution in pixilang_config.ini. For example - 640x480.

2) In Makefile find SUNDOG_DEFINES for windows. Then replace -DGDI to -DOPENGL. Build it. And then add this string to the pixilang_config.ini: zoom 2