Pixel Cave a hint?

Pixilang programming language
hseiken

Pixel Cave a hint?

Post by hseiken »

I see pixel cave, one of the pixelang demos is available for iOS...is this a hint that pixelang may be making the jump to iOS just as Sunvox did?

The iOS definitely needs some kinda sandbox of this kind...
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Pixel Cave a hint?

Post by NightRadio »

Pixilang v3.0 is already compatible with iOS. You can make apps for iOS on it, but only with XCode.
spiny

Post by spiny »

cool :)
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

XCode? Why? Does Apple have rules against app-making tools directly on iOS? I would think they'd encourage that kind of thing...

If keeping track of documents on iOS is the issue, then an adhoc solution to PC could be implmented to transfer to/from the device (NanoStudio uses this to transfer samples from the PC to device in correct directory for usage with program)

IDK...I just brought it up because I didn't see Pixelang in the app store. :)
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Does Apple have rules against app-making tools directly on iOS?
Exactly :)
spiny

Post by spiny »

hseiken wrote:XCode? Why? Does Apple have rules against app-making tools directly on iOS? I would think they'd encourage that kind of thing...

apple don't allow anything that can be used to generate or load external code, almost certainly because they don't want an app that can load some software to 'jailbreak' a phone.
Thats why there aren't any decent .mod / .xm players or emulators :/