Sunvox works in progress feedback thread

Share your music here
organic io

Sunvox works in progress feedback thread

Post by organic io »

I am starting this thread as a place where people can post their works in progress and get constructive feedback on them before the songs are completed.

Reason? I personally don't like to post songs somewhere like Souncloud until they are complete.

Maybe you too are feeling the way I do.
For example:
What if I "finished" a song, put it on Soundcloud and then someone offers useful advice about the song? Then if I wanted to make changes to the song, I would have to either delete the song on Soundcloud, or upload a second version with the original (now unfinished) version remaining on Soundcloud too. Seems like a mess to me.
But, if there is nowhere to post the song so people can hear it, how can I get feedback on it? It's like a catch 22.

The idea of the thread is to post positive and constructive feedback on songs. In my song reviews I try to be positive by mentioning the things that I like, and then also tactfully offer advice on what could be improved.

I'll be uploading one of my WIP's shortly. I hope you will too!
organic io

Re: Sunvox works in progress feedback thread

Post by organic io »

Right now I seem to be working on WAY too many songs at once (which is not really a bad thing :) )

Currently I am still working on the song I started for Sawzer's Box10SVC. I have now expanded well beyond the 10 module limit and have also imported a couple of drum samples.

So here is the work in progress:

http://www.crocko.com/781B58EA6FA748F0B ... ck_WIP.mp3

I'm really liking it a lot, but I'm not sure what direction to take it at this point. I think it will come to me though. :)

Any suggestions at all? Thanks :D
organic io

Re: Sunvox works in progress feedback thread

Post by organic io »

OK, sorry about the slow free file hosting thru crocko (easy-share)

Here is a direct link:

http://www.loopproject.com/filebase/sdc ... ck_wip.mp3

The reason I didn't put a direct link sooner is for some reason I have trouble uploading to that server from work (where I was when I made the original post)

Hopefully someone will listen to it now :)