Newest Sunvox on PalmOS

hseiken

Newest Sunvox on PalmOS

Post by hseiken »

Hey, I noticed that some of the newer demo songs on PalmOS lockup the interface. Is there someway into have Sunvox stop execution of music when it starts maxing out the CPU? I even overclocked it and it still didn't allow me to stop or even access OS icons, I had to soft reset the unit.

Thanks!
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Newest Sunvox on PalmOS

Post by NightRadio »

Sorry, i'm not sure i can fix this now :( PalmOS is still supported by SunVox, but it is not my foreground system, so this version is slightly limited.
hseiken

Post by hseiken »

I will be careful with CPU loads then. Thanks!
WARNINGThis angry old nerd may rant about modern computers or computer culture! It is not directed at you 99% of the time! Ignore it if it seems silly or personal!
samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

Maybe you can use an older version of SunVox?

The moon goes around what comes around.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Maybe you can use an older version of SunVox?
Older versions may be incompatible with some new tracks.
gilzad

Post by gilzad »

hseiken's suggestion might be useful as a general longterm feature though.
SunVox already has a CPU-monitor and a panic-stop (2x stop). It would be great, if SunVox could auto-panic, if the CPU-load would exceed n msecs. n could be defined in the preferences then.
organic io

Post by organic io »

gilzad wrote:hseiken's suggestion might be useful as a general longterm feature though.
SunVox already has a CPU-monitor and a panic-stop (2x stop). It would be great, if SunVox could auto-panic, if the CPU-load would exceed n msecs. n could be defined in the preferences then.
Good idea man!

Also, thanks for the link to SDcompo in your signature :D (slight grammar bug, to a native english speaker "passionated" sounds weird... I don't think it's a real word. Better to use simply "passionate" :) )