single cycle waveform tutorial

samrai katt kovboy

single cycle waveform tutorial

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

Hi-
There is a newly posted tutorial regarding single cycle waveforms using Sunvox and Caustic 2 at:
musicalandroid.com
It is my first tutorial so it is what it is and in a couple of months it will be better!

Nightradio if you want, please upload it to tutorials here, but understand if you don't as it also uses Caustic...
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
El Nino

Re: single cycle waveform tutorial

Post by El Nino »

Hey dude, just watched it. I like your tutorial stlyes man. Do you have any tips on tuning the short looping waveforms that you get from other instruments such as the african instrument in your tutorial? I was wondering if they should be an exact length to get exactly matching tuning to sunvox synths all over the keyboard in all octaves. Do you know what I mean?
samrai katt kovboy

Re: single cycle waveform tutorial

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

Hi.
Thanks.
They don't have to be exact,
but some synthesizers both software and hardware that can load single cycle waveforms demand they are a specific sample rate-
the AKWF single cycle waveforms are 4096 samples but they didn't work for example in the Subsynth for Caustic so they had to be remade.
But if you cut out really short samples of the waveform and use them in a sampler it doesn't have to be that exact.
In some hardware synthesizer that load single cycle waveforms and some softsynths they have to be exact.

For the tuning it is easiest to just sit with a tuner in front of the speaker and tune the note / notes with the sampler but you have to loop it first so you get the constant note.

Posted today a sample pack with two sets of samples one with single cycle waveforms ( well like three cycles ) and with the longer samples that he used for the short ones.
Also there is a ready made sample instrument for the Sunvox sampler with the single cycle waveforms to download so you can take a look at that-
the guy that made them had already sampled the different notes,
but you have all the waveforms short and long to experiment with like how many you have to load across the keyboard and also to compare the sound with the longer samples.
To answer the last question as long as the sample you use are tuned either by you or it was tuned beforehand it will be in tune across the keyboard.

Hope that made sense!!!
Because maybe this answer was a little bit to confusing?
I blame my cat!

mjaiuuu
musicalandroid.com aka Samrai Katt Kovboy
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES