Transitions and build up thread

Pioneer

Transitions and build up thread

Post by Pioneer »

I don't want to spam this place, but I really wanted to dive more into build ups and transitions and just devote a thread to it.

My starting point is the tutorial by Solarmoon on Drops. I sat and copied all those techniques.

What I am trying to do is program the tightest and most clean sounding transitions I can. Basically I want the sound to be "sucked out" when it stops.

Still having trouble programming :

Really quick stops and starts (entire beat)

Pitchdowns. Would love to be able to do a quick pitchdown on the last note of a line that "sucks out" before the start of the next pattern.

Rising fast kicks. I want to do the classic rising kick drum that speeds and pitches up into a break.

Any tips for those things would be awesome.

In my opinion, sunvox/tracker programming should result in the tightest possible transitions you can get in a DAW, so I want to push it :)
El Niño

Re: Transitions and build up thread

Post by El Niño »

sound is "sucked out" before a break...if you want a turntable stop kind of effect, use the 0F command to quickly turn the BPM down, or pitch slide down everything before the break, or both.

rising fast kicks - use a low pass filter, start with low frequency value, then have it rising on some fast kicks, you could also use the velocity/volume column next to the note data.

hope that helps
Pioneer

Re: Transitions and build up thread

Post by Pioneer »

Awesome..thanks!!!