Inter-platform sharing?

IanC130

Inter-platform sharing?

Post by IanC130 »

I'm new to the forum & SunVox (trackers, in general..), but I'm loving it so far. This is probably well covered somewhere in here, but I'm wondering if it's possible to move full sessions from one platform to another. Or specifically, from iOS to OSX.

To be honest, I had a lot of trouble grasping the workflow until I got it into the iPad. It REALLY works well on a touch-screen for a program that wasn't necessarily written for one! (was it?)

Thanks!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Inter-platform sharing?

Post by NightRadio »

I'm wondering if it's possible to move full sessions from one platform to another. Or specifically, from iOS to OSX.
Of course. Your session is the file in .sunvox format. And this file is fully cross-platform. You just need to transfer it from iOS filesystem to any other place. There are several ways to do this.
  • Go to the main SunVox menu -> Export/import -> WiFi Export/import. And then you can download your files through a web browser (e.g. Safari on OSX computer).
  • Use iTunes File Sharing to browse all files that are hidden in the SunVox.
IanC130

Re: Inter-platform sharing?

Post by IanC130 »

Ah yes, and there they all are in the iTunes file-sharing window, right in front of my face. I suppose I could have just attempted it except I haven't built anything in iOS that I've wanted to work on in the computer yet.. Thanks for the info!