Keyboard input lag

BitImp

Keyboard input lag

Post by BitImp »

Hi NightRadio,

First off, I'd like to say that Sunvox is an AMAZING piece of software. So intuitive and powerful, I'm making some awesome music with it.

Anyhow, I recently switched over from my Mac OSX box to a new Windows 8 box and I'm noticing something strange. When I use the keyboard (pc keyboard, not MIDI keyboard) to record, there is a noticeable delay in my pressing of the key and the note being played on an instrument. I used to record using my keyboard on the OSX version with no issues, no delays. I tried a couple different USB keyboards and noticed the same problem on my Win8 box. I also tried just playing the instrument (not recording) using my keyboard and experience the same delay. Any ideas?

Thanks!

.BitImp.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard input lag

Post by NightRadio »

Hi BitImp!

It is because the default sound buffer size for Windows is larger than for OSX. But you can try to decrease it. Just go to the SunVox Main Menu -> Preferences -> Audio Output.
Default for Windows is 4096.
Default for OSX is 512.
In case of audio glitches try to use ASIO driver instead of DirectSound.
BitImp

Re: Keyboard input lag

Post by BitImp »

Awesome, after toying around with the ASIO driver a bit, I was able to get it to work properly with much less lag. Thanks NightRadio - you rock!