recording sample using headset mic on Android phone

eMicBra

recording sample using headset mic on Android phone

Post by eMicBra »

I just started getting into SunVox, sorry if this is a noob question.

I'm running SunVox on my Motorola Atrix 2 with Gingerbread. I want to record some samples and I understand how to do this (using an input module and a sampler module) but the input module doesn't receive any audio when I've got a headset with a microphone plugged in. Everything's fine if I use the phone's built in mic. I know the headset/mic I'm using works, because I can use it to make calls and I can record audio through its microphone in other Android apps on the same phone.

Is there a setting I'm supposed to change somewhere? I have looked, but can't find anything like that in Sunvox.

Thanks.

P.S. Sunvox is awsome! I wanted to spend time learning something that works cross platform (I have an iPad and Windows based laptop also) so I choose Sunvox, assuming I would sacrifice some sophistication for the cross platform goodness. But the more I experiment and Google for information about SunVox features, the more I realize how powerful Sunvox is. I've been listening to the SoundCloud group for the last couple of days too. Great stuff!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: recording sample using headset mic on Android phone

Post by NightRadio »

I'm afraid it is some specific feature of your device/system. Headset mic works fine with my LG E510. But there is no any settings where i can switch between internal and external mic. It is selected by system automatically.
eMicBra

Post by eMicBra »

Well, I guess I can make do with the phone's mic most of the time. It seems odd though, that other audio apps *do* recognize the signal from the headset mic (automatically, as you say, when I have the headset plugged in), but SunVox does not.

Thanks for your hard work on this software Alex. I'm having fun with SunVox.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

It seems odd though, that other audio apps *do* recognize the signal from the headset mic
I think it is because they use another audio API. I'm using OpenSL ES in NativeActivity mode.
rosejavir

Post by rosejavir »

Hello eMicBra !

Thanks for your posting. I face this problem in my past. I know Is there a setting but you can't change somewhere. Because it is fixable maybe.Also I have tried but I can't find anything like that in Sunvox.