"special" Midi with Sunvox and Sunrizer?

JLD

"special" Midi with Sunvox and Sunrizer?

Post by JLD »

Hello,

i am a real noob concerning midi, so I really don't know if my question is already answered in one of the midi-topics.

It works like a charm for me to do things like Alex told some weeks ago in another topic:

"But you can use all other MIDI controllers without problems. Here is the description: http://www.warmplace.ru/wiki/doku.php?i ... &#midi_out

For example, you have MIDI OUT module with number 02. And you want to change the Modulation Wheel controller of this module. Ok. Just check the table above. In this table you can see that the Modulation Wheel controller has the number 81.
So you need to put the following command in the SunVox pattern track:
-- -- 02 8100 4000
where 02 - module number; 81 - MIDI controller number; 4000 - value to set (0000 - minimum; 4000 - middle; 8000 - maximum)."

But I want to tweak for example the cutoff in Sunrizer via midi...this is a controller that isn't mentioned in the table - is there a possibility to assign this special knob?

Thanks for answering,

Alex
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: "special" Midi with Sunvox and Sunrizer?

Post by NightRadio »

Of course. Try to check some assignable controllers
Sound Controller (C6-CF) or Effects Depth (DB-DF).
JLD

Post by JLD »

Thank you for your quick answer, it's good to hear that assigning is possible.
But I really dont't know how to "connect" assignable controllers to other synths like sunrizer on ios.

Perhaps you can give me a little instruction?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Alex
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

They are already connected. You need to test them one by one.
In the same table http://www.warmplace.ru/wiki/sunvox:manual_en#midi_out you can see controllers C6-CF (Sound Controller X). Try to use them.
E.g. set controller CA (Sound Controller 5 (default: Brightness)) to the middle value: -- -- 02 CA00 4000
It is default ctl for Cutoff frequency on many synths. May be on Sunrizer too.

You can also connect some controller manually. Enable MIDI Learn Mode in Sunrizer. Select some control. Then go to the SunVox and send some value to the Sound Controller 1 (C6) (or any other): -- -- 02 C600 4000. Then go to the Sunrizer and disable MIDI Learn mode.
JLD

Post by JLD »

Okay, now I understand this midi-thing - thanks a lot for your great explanation!
foodeater

Post by foodeater »

Has anyone tried using NRPNs? Just wondering if any synths are confirmed to work.