SunVox LFO module - what can I use it for?

lossfizzle

SunVox LFO module - what can I use it for?

Post by lossfizzle »

SunVox has an LFO module, which of course can be used in most modular synthesis environments to dynamically control all sorts of things. So far, with SunVox's simplified patching system, I have not been able to figure out how SV's LFO module can actually be connected in a fashion to affect the output of *any* other SV module in any way.

I do note the filter has its own internal LFO, as does (I assume) the vibrato module. Most SV modules do not seem to have inputs aside from audio and/or MIDI signals that could take the LFO and use it to dynamically vary a parameter.

I've yet to see an example SV composition that uses the LFO module, and I have to assume this is why... if I'm wrong, and there's some way to patch the LFO's output into another module in a useful fashion, whether using virtual patch cords or (especially!) via the pattern editor, I would love to know about it!
MissahSombrero

Re: SunVox LFO module - what can I use it for?

Post by MissahSombrero »

the LFO only controls volume and panning, it would be cool if it could control any slider though.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

LFO for every controller - it is part of the first item (Envelopes for any controllers) from the SunVox to-do list viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1046
I hope this will be implemented very soon :)
lossfizzle

Post by lossfizzle »

NightRadio wrote:LFO for every controller - it is part of the first item (Envelopes for any controllers) from the SunVox to-do list viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1046
Super exciting - I really look forward to that!
geckojsc

Post by geckojsc »

NightRadio wrote:LFO for every controller - it is part of the first item (Envelopes for any controllers) from the SunVox to-do list viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1046
Yesyesyesyesyesyesyessss! :D
samrai katt kovboy

Post by samrai katt kovboy »

mmmmmm

tonight there will be dreams about lfo's controlling the world!
yes am very happy to hear that it is a priority mr nightradio!

swimming slowly outwards towards the outer limits then swept back again to the shore by the almighty lfo.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MANY CIRCLES
jph

Post by jph »

LFO linking for controllers will make me very happy indeed! I used to use the peerLFO in BUZZ to making ever evolving tracks with long filter sweeps and such,.

There was another machine in BUZZ that I used all the time, the peerCHORD machine,. that machine has many uses, for making chords of course, but the one I like it for is an arp that can do random note selections,. so up/down arps, and then random notes,. and Brownian note selection - moves up or down the chord randomly. (this was my suggestion to BTDSys and he added it)

What I am after is evolving tunes for repetitive use in games, as the same note pattern/sequence over and over can get annoying, but some variation keeps it fresh much longer. I do know that there is the 'note probability' effects but this is more limited than the random picking of notes from a chord.
jph

Post by jph »

More thoughts on the LFO - if you add a Controller Type, it would be useful to be able to set a RANGE for the oscillation. i.e. if I just want to move around a value 3000 say,. a Center slider would work, with the Power being the range around that point,. or you add a Max and a Min and the oscillation is within that range.

The other thing is more LFO Shapes; Tri, Saw, Ramp, (or just Tri with an added Shape slider to adjust from saw to tri to ramp, this could be used on pulse as well, for pulse width!) (( and you can use one lfo to modify the Shape slider of another!! ))

and of course my favorites; Noise (random jumps in the range), and Wander (random smooth movements). In these cased the Shape slider becomes rate of random jumps, and speed of wandering movements.

Just my wish list, thanks Santa!
22tape

Post by 22tape »

Instead of starting a new thread I figured I'd dig up this thread.

So I'm trying to set the lfo to control the panning of a sampler module. I have the two modules connected. The lfo is set to pan. I'm sure I'm missing something. Any help is greatly appreciated.
nopcorp

Post by nopcorp »

Is the LFO in stereo? Or try changing the frequency of the LFO. Try changing the shape: sin, square.
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

Hmmm.
Sound2ctl controlling LFO1, controlling LFO2, controlling flanger...
nopcorp

Post by nopcorp »

Koekepan wrote:Hmmm.
that sounds interesting. Can you post a file? :D
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

nopcorp wrote:
Koekepan wrote:Hmmm.
that sounds interesting. Can you post a file? :D
Sorry, I was just daydreaming about really open-ended parameter management by LFO. I don't tend to use samples for complex sounds, but build them out of the lovely bits and pieces which are sunvox modules.