sequence other apps via sunvox midi out?

MissahSombrero

sequence other apps via sunvox midi out?

Post by MissahSombrero »

hi, just bought a few synths for iPad (animoog, sunrises, korg ims 20), would it be possible to use midi out command in sunvox to trigger sounds in these synth apps? or should I use another midi sequencer such as genome?
I don't really understand how to sequence the midi out command mentioned in the manual, does anyone have a small example of how to use it?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: sequence other apps via sunvox midi out?

Post by NightRadio »

would it be possible to use midi out command in sunvox to trigger sounds in these synth apps?
Of course. I tested it with SunVox + Sunrizer. First i launch Sunrizer and click Audio Bkg button. Then run SunVox, open Module properties, click on MIDI OUT and select "Sunrizer MIDI IN" from the list of midi devices.
MissahSombrero

Post by MissahSombrero »

awesome, thanks. so
do I just use a normal generator with the volume turned down to program midi controlled synth parts?
paulmerchant

Post by paulmerchant »

I would use a MultiSynth for this. Just don't connect it to internal synths as usual and double click on it to set midi. That way you don't use any extra CPU.
Last edited by paulmerchant on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MissahSombrero

Post by MissahSombrero »

sorry for the lame midi n00b questions here, I've never really used an actual midi command before...can anyone post an example of how you would "track" midi in sunvox? night radio, I did what you said and it works perfectly, its great. anyway this evening im just trying to work out the other details like how would I write commands for pitch bend or channel pressure (continuous controller change messages?) in sunvox (to control whatever iPad synth such as sunrizer, korg ims20 etc)? yeah, once again sorry for the noobness
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Unfortunately you can't use MIDI Pitch Bend in the current version. Not implemented yet.
But you can use all other MIDI controllers without problems. Here is the description: http://www.warmplace.ru/wiki/doku.php?i ... &#midi_out

For example, you have MIDI OUT module with number 02. And you want to change the Modulation Wheel controller of this module. Ok. Just check the table above. In this table you can see that the Modulation Wheel controller has the number 81.
So you need to put the following command in the SunVox pattern track:
-- -- 02 8100 4000
where 02 - module number; 81 - MIDI controller number; 4000 - value to set (0000 - minimum; 4000 - middle; 8000 - maximum).