Deleting notes on a Macbook

kj31

Deleting notes on a Macbook

Post by kj31 »

I use a Macbook. As such I do not have the full 101 key keyboard. I don't have two different delete keys, just one delete. I don't have two enter keys, just one enter. And I've come across a problem that now limits my ability to track music in SunVox. When I press delete it deletes the note where the cursor is and moves up all the notes underneath it. I don't want that to happen. I want it to delete the note and leave a blank space so I don't have a note in that position. But I can't seem to achieve this without some magical solution. Whenever I press delete it moves all the notes up a notch. So I have to be very precise with my notes until NightRadio finds a solution for this.

Or am I missing something?

In Impulse Tracker one could press the period key, ., and a blank space would appear instead of the note. Is it possible to have something similar for SunVox?
geckojsc

Re: Deleting notes on a Macbook

Post by geckojsc »

Yeah, I've used SunVox on the macs at my school and have noticed that problem. You can however use the HLD (shift all notes down) and INS (clear current note without affecting others) buttons that appear in the top-right corner of the screen to do the same thing as the insert and delete keys which a mac keyboard is missing. It's just a minor inconvenience, I got used to it pretty quickly. :)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

I will add some other shortcuts for these functions.
But now you can try to use FN + DELETE
As i know, Delete on Mac keyboard is equivalent of Backspace
kj31

Post by kj31 »

Ohh I didn't think to try FN + Delete... I will give that a try. Thanks for responding so quickly!! :)