SunVox v1.6.2

lonetome

Re: SunVox v1.6.2

Post by lonetome »

Hey mates, I just started using SunVox on my Ipad Gen 1, grand little program by the way, I am new to it and I am curious as to how I can record sound using the built in mike, with the Input module. I plug in my headphones and can hear the sound coming through the mike, I hit record and make random noises and such, but nothing happens. I am not sure if I am even doing it right or if the program is supposed to work like that. Any advice towards it would be welcome. Thanks mates
koral

Post by koral »

The record function is for recording the notes that you play on the on-screen keyboard, not for the actual live recording. When you click record button and have a module that produces the sound selected you can play notes on the piano keyboard and they will be recorded on the pattern, you can also choose a step (the amount of lines sunvox will jump after you recorded a not) and play around with that. If you want to record the tune that you've created you can use Export/Import function to export files to WAV format. There's no such feature as live recording...yet! :)

If you mean recording sound from the microfone straight to the program, it also hasn't been implemented yet. However you can, alternatively, record your sounds using any other standart Ipad software, and then add them to Sunvox using the Sample module.
I hope I understood your question correctly! Good luck!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

If you mean recording sound from the microfone straight to the program, it also hasn't been implemented yet.
just the opposite :) You can record sounds directly from iPad/iPhone mic via the Input module. But at the moment it is available for iOS only.

How to record samples from the Input module:
1) create Input;
2) create Sampler;
3) connect Input to Sampler;
4) click the Rec button under the Sampler controllers.
koral

Post by koral »

Mey be I shouldn't talk about the OS i don't have then :)
lonetome

Post by lonetome »

Thanks mates, this will save me some time without having to constantly import files after recording them. As a side note I am still in constant amazement as to the rawness and sheer power of this program, its almost daunting actually. Impressive design for the iPad especially, there are so few apps that work so well.
Again thanks, both koral and NightRadio.
subtlerobot

Post by subtlerobot »

Hello! SunVox looks like a lovely piece of software. I tried to run it on OS X Leopard, and like the other person who posted in this thread, experienced a crash. Seeing as he didn't paste his error details, I grabbed a copy of mine to see if it could help diagnose the problem. I'm very interested in this program and would love to be able to try it out! Thanks in advance for checking it out! :D

The error log: http://pastebin.com/6qeiTTmJ

Thanks again!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

subtlerobot,
i think i know what the problem... I will release fixed version soon.
But now one of the solutions - upgrade to Snow Leopard.
vunsox

Post by vunsox »

yea, leopard user here too... I should have checked if the new version worked before copying over v1.5. Damn n00b mistake!
Any word on a fix?
LyleLuna

Post by LyleLuna »

SolarLune wrote:That's too bad... I wish I could help you out, but I don't know what the problem could be... Maybe it's conflicting solar panels? Are you running other audio programs while you run SunVox? What happens if you try it from a straight restart of your computer?
Hello friend you must be experienced candidate till now.. I am facing similar issue and restarted my computer several times without any success.. Please help me.