ipad feedback

maasa

ipad feedback

Post by maasa »

I have been using a tracker since 1997 and it's a preference of mine to mainly use the keyboard for data entry, since the notes are text based and the arrow keys are the easiest way to get around--it seems natural. I would love to use sunvox as a midi notepad for exporting to a sequencer app, but for me, it is still too tedious without keyboard entry. Pattern switching keys and other "control" functions on the text keyboard are a plus.

I wouldn't want to seriously compose on it until the 10bit thing is resolved, but it's incredible as it is now with the modular synth and sounds great with old wav files. Touch scroll response on the pattern screen is sluggish feeling to me. Looking forward the the developments.
Thanks for the great app.
Julian

Re: ipad feedback

Post by Julian »

Another thought from ipad use -
I find the slowest part to be note editing, scrolling the area to move the cursor. I think it would be a lot quicker if two fingers scrolled the screen, or maybe even click/drag, where single tapping would go straight to the tapped entry.
santo

Post by santo »

First at all let me tell you thanks for this great app.
Well, I miss some kind of small pop up window with some options (not too much) like cut/paste, duplicate, etc. tapping directly into the pattern editor.
Preemnzeno

ipad feedback

Post by Preemnzeno »

Cant see myself using this thing... Tablet is nice to use if its still small enough to be pocket sized, but if its bigger the use would be cumbersome and I would prefer laptops instead. The tablet formfactor seems also quite fragile, because the screen is exposed. No problems about this with laptops.
alien9x

Post by alien9x »

Sorry for this question, but how do you add tracks on the ipad version, it starts up with 4 but it has 8. thanks Al
sea

Post by sea »

alien9x wrote:Sorry for this question, but how do you add tracks on the ipad version, it starts up with 4 but it has 8. thanks Al
The wrench menu within the pattern editor, 'pattern properties', choose number of tracks.
sea

Post by sea »

Preemnzeno wrote:Cant see myself using this thing... Tablet is nice to use if its still small enough to be pocket sized, but if its bigger the use would be cumbersome and I would prefer laptops instead. The tablet formfactor seems also quite fragile, because the screen is exposed. No problems about this with laptops.
Sunvox is available on smaller devices as you ask, and on larger devices as you ask. No one is forcing you to use the ipad version, some of us like it just fine.