Keyboard entry on iPad

QuasiMojo

Keyboard entry on iPad

Post by QuasiMojo »

First off - SunVox is amazing! The existence of this program justified the cost of an iPad to me and made it such a more useful device!

I was wondering though - I would love the ability to use the keyboard to enter notes in the traditional tracker way, Q is C, 2 is C#, W is D, etc - it'd be great to be able to bring up the keyboard to enter notes, and use the arrow keys to scroll left right / up down instead of having to use the touchscreen, which i find is a slight bit non-responsive / inaccurate.
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard entry on iPad

Post by NightRadio »

Hi!

Are you mean the bluetooth iPad keyboard?
QuasiMojo

Post by QuasiMojo »

Hi NightRadio - I meant even using the on-board ipad keyboard as a pop-up. I just find personally that it's tough to enter notes quickly using the touchscreen, and tough to properly enter values into columns - if one could use an on-screen QWERTY and arrow keys to move the cursor and enter notes, it could speed things up significantly - it would be great!

Thanks very much -
QuasiMojo

Post by QuasiMojo »

In case I didn't make sense - I meant tht it would be great to use an on-screen qwerty keyboard to enter notes - or if that's toug even having arrowkeys to move the cursor would be a welcome addition - just thought I'd ask. Thanks for making such a great app NightRadio!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

No problem :)
I'll try to add keyboard support in the next version.
QuasiMojo

Post by QuasiMojo »

Woohoo!
hanklepstein

Post by hanklepstein »

are you still considering adding bluetooth keyboard support? thanks!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

hanklepstein wrote:are you still considering adding bluetooth keyboard support? thanks!
Yes, but at the moment there are higher priority tasks.
MissahSombrero

Post by MissahSombrero »

Would just like to say +1 for the onscreen keyboard idea for ipad sunvox. I think this is an excellent idea, the actual ipad onscreen keyboard would be no good as it has no arrow keys and such, but if there was a 'toggle onscreen keyboard' function in sunvox for ipad which brought up a keyboard in which all keys were availiable it would be so nice. It could speed things up a lot in some situations. You could use all the shortcuts and be hopping around from track to track really quickly. When I brought up the normal ipad onscreen keyboard it looks like its the perfect size, there is enough screen space above the keyboard to see lots of data in the pattern editor. +1! sounds like an awesome idea to me!!! :)...also, if you share a flat and your flat mate is getting pissed off with you typing at 4am, a touchscreen keyboard is a sweet solution!! (it would have to be a keyboard that was suited to sunvox and all its shortcuts though because the ipad onscreen keyboard would be irritating just by the wa its layed out)
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

MissahSombrero, thank you! I think this will be useful on some devices with large screen. I will add this feature to sunvox to-do list.
utilityname

Post by utilityname »

+1 for text keyboard support. But please don't forget us iPhone-only users. BT keyboard support would be really great.

Amazing app! Really glad I bought it. Really want to say thank you for sidechain compression! This single feature puts SunVox a cut above other synths and iDAWs.
teknomadix

Post by teknomadix »

YES! +2 for bluetooth keyboad support!!

Would be a HUGE addition to this app. It's so unfamiliar for old school trackers like us to not have a keyboard. Keyboard makes editing MUCH faster and fluid. Like back in Amiga / Atari / DOS days ;-)

Please ad this feature soon!! :x
_____
Teknomadix Records
http://teknomadix.com
jiku

Post by jiku »

Just got Sunvox iOS assuming it had BT keyboard entry, so I'm seriously pining for this. In the meantime there seems to be many other uses for it. :) Are there anything particular issues to solve? From http://www.singlecellsoftware.com/node/1650 I understand there might be.