Note Filter?

peregrine

Note Filter?

Post by peregrine »

Hi Folks. I'm new here, but have been floating around reading up on Sunvox for the past several weeks. I'm completely captivated by this amazing software, and have learned a ton by reading some of the threads here.

What I want to know: is there some way to make modules respond to only one note, or only a range of notes that I can specify?

I have two use cases where it would be handy:
  • Using the autoharp posted here:viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4482#p15725, it would be great to set certain chord shapes to only respond to 1 note in a scale, and to set other shapes (which I don't want to use) not to respond at all.
  • Using the sampler, I want to load samples that have been sliced by an external program (such as Shuriken) into the slots on a single sampler module, and then set each of those slots to be triggered by only a single note. That way, I could access different chunks of the loop through different keys. I also wouldn't mind loading each slice into its own sampler module and then setting each sampler to respond to only 1 note.
Sorry if these questions have been asked and answered before. I tried searching, but the site kept responding that my search terms were too generic, and wouldn't return any results. Thanks for your time.

-peregrine
peregrine

Re: Note Filter?

Post by peregrine »

OK, well, I figured out the sampler. For anyone that was in the same boat as me, here is how I made one single key trigger the sample:

Since it seems the default behavior of the sampler is to assign the sample across the entire keyboard, I first had to un-assign the sample to the keys. I learned that once a sample is assigned to a key, there is no way to un-assign it. That seems like a bug to me, but I'm not sure. The only way to un-assign a sample is to use an empty sample slot. So click on slot 15, for instance, (or any slot that's empty), and then click on the little keys in the sampler module to assign that slot to the whole keyboard. Next, click on Slot 0 (or any other slot with a sample loaded), and then click on the single key or key range to which you want to assign it.

I still don't know if it's possible to get other modules (such as a multisynth) to respond to a limited range of keys. Would love to hear if there is a built-in solution of which I'm unaware, but also any out-of-the-box ideas.

Thanks,

-peregrine
iaon

Re: Note Filter?

Post by iaon »

MultiSynth: Enable Ignore notes with zero velocity under Options and set the velocities to 0 for unwanted notes in Curve 1.
peregrine

SOLVED: Note Filter?

Post by peregrine »

Thanks, iaon. That worked.