Sample Offset via MIDI input?

NaturalBornChiller

Sample Offset via MIDI input?

Post by NaturalBornChiller »

Hi,

first post!

I'm using SunVox as a general sound design / mixing / mastering environment and it is absolutely amazing for that.

As a sequencer, I use Xequence, and control all modules in SunVox via MIDI in.

Works great, HOWEVER: I haven't found a way to control sample offset (for the Sampler module) via MIDI. I know it is possible via pattern commands. Normally, I would expect to have a controller on the Sampler module "Offset" or so, and then MIDI learn that (double-tap the controller, then learn).

As there is no "Sample offset" controller on the sampler module, is there any workaround to control sample offset via MIDI?

Thanks!
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Sample Offset via MIDI input?

Post by NightRadio »

Hi! :)
You can use the Phase controller of the MultiSynth.
NaturalBornChiller

Ohh PHASE, haha. Yes, in a way that makes sense! :) Thanks! Problem solved.
NaturalBornChiller

If you have another minute :) I've tried to use Note Pitch instead of a CC to set phase, so that I could play a different part of the sample with each key on the keyboard.

That "kind of" works, however, the sample offset is always "one keypress late": i.e., if I play three notes C, D, E, the second note will still have the sample offset from the first note, the third note from the second, etc... there seems to be some kind of race condition in the code, i.e. the phase value from the MultiSynth seems to get to the Sampler module too late if Note Pitch is used as the control source? (I can provide a test project if that helps!)
NaturalBornChiller

:(