How to reproduce Juno 106 synths

henriquegogs

How to reproduce Juno 106 synths

Post by henriquegogs »

I'm trying to reproduce some Juno 106 synth patches but I don't know yet how to simulate the VCO/VCA/VCF config using the "Generator" or "Analog Generator" modules.
Somebody already tried to do something like this?
Keres

Re: How to reproduce Juno 106 synths

Post by Keres »

If you are trying to emulate the sliders and switches on the face of the machine, it should be pretty easy to do. Make a video and link it. I would like to see how a 106 works.
manganoid

Post by manganoid »

Ooo, I'd like to see someone do this, as well. I've tried many times, the best attempt was perhaps in my Ultivo 3 near the beginning (you can hear it on Soundcloud)
SawZer

Post by SawZer »

Replicating the envelope will cause you too much frustration. There's no good way to have polyphonic ADSR filters in Sunvox. You could record a simple square/saw then use the sampler's envelope for the filter however
henriquegogs

Post by henriquegogs »

Well, listening some youtube Juno-106 overviews I could reproduce some simple patches using just Analog Generator and a LFO with Sound2Ctl modules. Actually almost everything of Juno's DCO + VCF can be done with Analog Generator. I used LFO with Sound2Ctl to controls the "Duty cycle", that in Juno do the same of "PWM" control.

About ENV, I didn't something like Juno, but maybe this strategy to use Sampler module with it's envelope could be a good one.

I'll share soon when I'm done.