Some random noob questions

justin

Some random noob questions

Post by justin »

Hi,

Finally starting to use Sunvox in earnest, and having a lot of fun looking at the different patches in the examples. City Dreams, what a great track :-)

Some questions; probably dumb; I will likely have more -

- is there an easy way to find which tracks in a timeline a particular module is involved in ? I find myself focusing on a particular module but then having to manually search for where it is playing in the timeline

- is there a way to change the two- digit module id ? I find myself copying modules and tracks to a new Sunvox instance to isolate them; but then the module reference changes but the reference in the timeline does not :-/

- relatedly, is there a way to change all the numbers in a single track column ? Often I want to change the two- digit module reference (for example), and am having to manually change all the references in a track

- does anyone have good snare/handclap/shaker recipes/tips ?

Thanks!
SawZer

Re: Some random noob questions

Post by SawZer »

Hey Justin!

1: There isn't a "highlight all module's tracks" feature yet, but we may be close, because recently NightRadio added a feature that shows which module a command belongs to. For now, the best you can do is give your modules distinct colors, because these colors appear in the timeline editor (so you can easily find pattern commands with the module)

2: Unfortunately there's no way to do this yet. What you can do is use the "Remap" function in the pattern editor. When you make a change that disassociates pattern data from your module, use the Remap function and select Remap all in Project.

3: You can right-click (if you have a 2+ button mouse, if not use the pattern editor menu) and select "Select Track", and perform the Remap function mentioned above, but this time only clicking Remap all in Selection.

4: For snares, try a noise analog generator with a bandpass filter. Play with the filter envelope. You can also add a kicker (set to sine), and play it higher than normal.
For claps, take a basic sound (like the attack of a snare, or a rim shot, or a recording of you tapping your desk, etc) and add an echo set to Mono, and Ms (milliseconds). Play with this a bit.
For shakers, you want 2 different sounds alternating against each other. Swing helps, you can do this by adding the Delay pattern command on the offbeats.

If anything is confusing (I'm not the best at explaining things) I can add pics

Hope this helps.
justin

Post by justin »

Thank you very much!
xaccrocheur

Post by xaccrocheur »

1-As of the latest Sunvox (1.9.2) you can now highlight the module in the pattern editor. So, select your pattern in the timeline, then click one a "note on" line, and the corresponding module will pulse/glow :)

4-For your claps and snares, you can check out SolarLune's instrument pack, SolarSynths, there are some really nice drum elements in it.
Yassin Philip - Check out My music =@