Using SunVox as Midi Controller/Sequencer?

XD3l

Using SunVox as Midi Controller/Sequencer?

Post by XD3l »

Hello, I am new to SunVox and would like to use it as MIDI IN/OUT where I can, and also use it as the primary sequencer for my synthesizer collection.

I have my Korg Volca Bass set to MIDI channel 9, and my USB MIDI adapter's OUT plug is fed into the Volca's MIDI IN port.

I configured SunVox to also use channel 9, and to also use my USB MIDI adapter, though I only hear sound via Window's virtual synth, and the Volca plays nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by XD3l on Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
blacbeard

Re: Using SunVox as Midi Controller/Sequencer?

Post by blacbeard »

blacbeard

Post by blacbeard »

Hope that post gives you some ideas for using something like midiyoke or loopbe1 to route your midi to a hardware midi out port.
XD3l

Post by XD3l »

Thank you, but I'm a bit confused. I want to use SunVox as my sequencer, but this guide tells me to open a separate sequencer before SunVox...

...I don't have another Sequencer. What does it mean?
XD3l

Post by XD3l »

I figured it out, it was something that needed to be set on my Volca Bass.

Now my only problem is that when a key is triggered on the Volca Bass, it triggers eternally. If I were to hit a physical key on the Volca, or even hold it, this does not happen.
blacbeard

Post by blacbeard »

I can't help you with the volca bass problem, but I can comment further on the use of Sunvox as a sequencer.

I believe there are sections in the manual about how to use sunvox as a midi sequencer. My suggestion really is using Loopbe1 in order to create a virtual midi patch to get midi out of Sunvox and into your hardware.

When I wrote my original post about sunvox as a midi controller, it was written to port midi from sunvox over to an 'external' sequencer (as in, not within sunvox). This should work in the same way to control external hardware through a physical midi port.