Pattern Lines Highlighting

eandresc

Pattern Lines Highlighting

Post by eandresc »

Hi y'all. Been fiddling with Sunvox for like a month now, watched the tutorials, read the faq and perused the manual. I've practically made the switch from Milkytracker to SV, seeing as it is pretty much the same but with more stuff :)

Theres something that's been bugging me and for the life of me I cannot seem to find the solution. I like to compose in odd time signatures, so I basically want to change the way the lines in the patterns are highlighted. As it is right now, the way the lines are highlighted is in a pretty much standard 4/4 beat (that is, every four lines, and then a stronger highlight after 16 lines). Is there any way to change this? Or at least disable it?

Regarding the timeline, I've noticed that every pattern end functions as a note-off, stopping the sustain of every note that was playing at the time. I know that I can simply make the pattern as long as needed (well, 4096 lines long anyway), but that looks awfully inconvenient compared to separate, identifiable patterns. I'm pretty sure this cannot be "disabled" in any form, but is there any workaround or tip for this?

Thanks doods
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Pattern Lines Highlighting

Post by NightRadio »

As it is right now, the way the lines are highlighted is in a pretty much standard 4/4 beat (that is, every four lines, and then a stronger highlight after 16 lines). Is there any way to change this? Or at least disable it?
Not in the current version, sorry. It will be implemented later.
Regarding the timeline, I've noticed that every pattern end functions as a note-off, stopping the sustain of every note that was playing at the time. I know that I can simply make the pattern as long as needed (well, 4096 lines long anyway), but that looks awfully inconvenient compared to separate, identifiable patterns. I'm pretty sure this cannot be "disabled" in any form, but is there any workaround or tip for this?
No unfortunately. Such the nature of the SunVox. Long pattern is not so bad :)
eandresc

Post by eandresc »

Gotcha, its good getting a reply from the man himself, and its good to know its going to get implemented eventually. Marvelous little program you have going mate, and giving it away for free even. Anyways, thanks.
timelime

Post by timelime »

I guess this is something flummoxing me a bit, if I want to write a waltz or something. I have been turning up the tempo a lot and kind of using measures like beats to kinda compensate.
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

It will be nice to set the lines per beat to twelve (after the customizable line highlighting feauture is done) because then programming triplets becomes so much easier.