Exporting to .WAV with many LFO's

Keres

Exporting to .WAV with many LFO's

Post by Keres »

i often use "LFO" controllers both with snd2ctrl and as amplitude/panning modulators. I often notice a difference in tracks that are re-rendered to disk. my questions then: are the LFO's reset when you click "OK" in the export menu, or do they keep cycling as they would if you simply stop the playback?
monoben

Re: Exporting to .WAV with many LFO's

Post by monoben »

It wasn't until someone here wrote about this till I found out about it, you'll have to set the phase of the LFO in the pattern editor! Otherwise it'll just keep looping and depending on when you press play or export you'll get a different starting point. As far as I know pressing the stop button doesn’t actually stop the LFO form oscillating. That confused me at first but now I set the phase at the start of each section or just at important points in the track and then I know I’ll get consistent results. There was a post about this that explained it much nicer than I have but I cant find it... Anyway hope this helps.
Keres

Post by Keres »

thanks 100000000X!
El Nino

Post by El Nino »

LFOs:

use an amp LFO and the filter LFO in the same effects chain (amp LFO comes after filter module).

reset the phase of the LFOs to 0 using pattern effect command on each note or at the beginning of each pattern.

Then, set LFO freq u its to ticks in both filter and amp LFO.

match up the frequencies, for example, an LFO of 48 ticks is equal to 8 lines so

amp LFO value = 02F1

filter LFO values = 0600

specify these values with pattern effect commands (alongside your LFO phase resets)