Decrescendo

57Ombre101

Decrescendo

Post by 57Ombre101 »

Hello,
There is a thing I don't know how to make. I'm using a generator, and I would like to make the last note (and only it) be a decrescendo. How can I do this ?

Thank you !
El Nino

Re: Decrescendo

Post by El Nino »

To change the volume of one note instantaneously, use the velocity column.

NN VV MM CCEE XXYY
C3 80 01 0200 0000

To slide the volume of the last note down, use pattern effect command 0A.

0A - Slide velocity up/down. This effect will change the velocity of the synth being played on a track. The value XXYY the speed of the velocity change. If XX is nonzero the velocity is increased, and if YY is nonzero the velocity is decreased. Example: set XXYY to 0003. This means that at the beginning of the line, the current velocity of the synth is decreased by 3 (because YY = 3). The velocity is decreased by 3 again for every tick on this line.

If you have an amplifier module after your generator you can also tap first on the amp module, then double tap on the first slider in its parameter window (01. volume), set the volume you would like, then tap write to pattern.

Its good to put one amplifier at the beginning of your effects chain (straight after your generator/s) and another one at the end (just before output)...that way you have a mixer in sunvox.
57Ombre101

Re: Decrescendo

Post by 57Ombre101 »

Thank you very much, you helped me well !