Aftertouch, release velocity

Koekepan

Aftertouch, release velocity

Post by Koekepan »

Is there an easy way of mapping from a regular USB MIDI keyboard with aftertouch or similar parameters? I love the ability to record and overdub into sunvox, but I'm not sure how I could get something to transmit aftertouch or release velocity to sunvox.

Anybody with a ROLI or a Mcmillen and a plan?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Re: Aftertouch, release velocity

Post by NightRadio »

You can try to catch the aftertouch MIDI messages in the Controller Properties window (MIDI learn).
and then for example link it to the Pitch of the Glide module
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

Would it then be polyphonic aftertouch, or just instrument-specific?
NightRadio
Site Admin

Post by NightRadio »

Currently the polyphonic aftertouch is not supported by SunVox. You can assign Aftertouch to some global controller of some module, but it can't be assigned to every note separately.
Do you have the MIDI keyboard with real polyphonic aftertouch?
Try to capture the messages from your keyboard in the Controller Properties window. You will see the "Key Pressure" or the "Channel Pressure" command after capturing. Key pressure means that the polyphonic aftertouch is implemented in your keyboard. Channel pressure means opposite - single pressure sensor for the whole keyboard.
Koekepan

Post by Koekepan »

I was considering buying a keyboard with polyphonic aftertouch, but I'll admit that I do so much work with sunvox right now that it may not be worth it.

Honestly, you should be proud. It is quite possible to produce astonishing work in sunvox, to the point that people think it's done in much more expensive software.